Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is your favorite DVC Resort?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Favorite DVC Accomodations... in the Vacation Planning forums; The beautiful flexible accomodations when staying at DVC resorts are just one of the reasons I am considering buying into DVC. So.... What are your favorite DVC accomodations? Feel free ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Favorite DVC Accomodations...

The beautiful flexible accomodations when staying at DVC resorts are just one of the reasons I am considering buying into DVC.

So.... What are your favorite DVC accomodations?

Feel free to expand on your descriptions and reasons by posting here.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Lou, What type of rooms have you reserved for your upcoming trip?

We expect you to explore and a report.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OOOOHhhhhhhh I can't wait to go and stay at the Boardwalk Villas (my DW thinks this will convince us to buy).

We have a preferred view room (studio), and asked to get on the waiting list for either a Boardwalk or Epcot view room.

I will absolutely give a full report when I get back (and hope that others will do the same when they go!!)... [not so subtle hint]
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Our favorite DVC resort is the one we originally purchased....VWL! We had already fallen in love with the beauty and grandeur of WL, so buying a DVC accommodation there was an easy decision.

We also bought at Boardwalk Villas (BWV). To us, that provides a completely different vacation experience, even though both are at WDW. Both have great strong points, but our heart will always be at VWL.

However, we did enjoy tremendously our recent two week stay at BWV. I'll post a "DVC Report" on this board to let others see our impressions.

Lou...you are correct in stating that BWV has two types of Preferred Views. One is the Boardwalk View, and the other is the Water & Garden View. The Water & Garden view is the "backside" of BWV, and looks out over the two pools, the canal, the Swan & Dolphin hotels, and parts of MGM like the Tower of Terror. The Boardwalk views are those, logically enough, on the Boardwalk. I'm not aware of any BWV accommodations that have an "Epcot view" description. Any Boardwalk view room would have some view of Epcot and Illuminations fireworks. Enjoy your stay....I think your DW may be right!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks Goofy Guy for the info on the BWV... We put in a request (through the person we rented points from) for a Boardwalk view, etc. (We also told them 9/11 was our 5 year anniversary, hoping for a little extra consideration... never know... can't hurt to try!)
    Lou Mongello

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My favorite would be BCV because it is where I first bought in, but I just purchased into SS and when I saw it I fell in love with it, but haven't got to stay there yet.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We love the Boardwalk Villas. We have all our points there.

Nice things about BWV is the Boardwalk itself, promixity of Epcot & MGM, and the 11 month booking window for those of us who like to plan waaaaay in advance!! I tend to try and book a standard view room to save points. "Views" have never been a big deal to me, but on our 1st DVC trip we had a 2 bedroom Boardwalk view which was nice. I think it helped convinced one of our guests to buy into DVC, she got into Beach Club.

Once in awhile we think of trying other DVC resorts, but haven't gotten around to it. One of these days...we got what...38 years to go?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Amanda

Thanks for the info!! We're SO looking forward to staying there in just a few weeks!!

Oh, and BTW... WELCOME!!!!
    Lou Mongello

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've only been to a few of the resorts, but of the ones that I've seen I think that I like the Boardwalk the best. One of the main reasons is that it is between my two favorite parks (MGM/EPCOT), but I also like the vintage feel of the setting. Although there's not a centralized food court, there are several eateries along the boardwalk.

If you decide to join DVC, don't be afraid to save points by staying in one of the studio rooms. They're larger than the rooms at the All Stars, plus they're equipped with a small kitchenette (sink, microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee pot). No need to worry about laundry tokens since they're free machines located within the hallway of each floor.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Jacknife...I agree that the location of the BWV is great, with easy walking to two parks. Beach Club Villas also fills that particular location benefit quite nicely too.

And we wanted to stay in studios at first, but got spoiled by starting with a 1BR villa. The studios are a little larger than the resort rooms, but seem quite a bit larger because the second bed is a sofa sleeper and during the day when it's folded up it provides a lot more leg room for everyone.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    True, each of the resorts in that area have their own perks. I just liked the old time feel of the boardwalk (complete with penny nickelodeons).

Dont' get me wrong, I also like the one bedroom flats! It's nice to relax in the jacuzzi after a day of playing park-commando.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 08-21-2004 at 06:38 PM.

Lou drooling even more about leaving in 19 days and staying at the BWV!!! (where is that drooling smilie???)
    Lou Mongello

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    So Lou...how'd you enjoy OKW? Or should I wait for your trip report?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I'll write all about it in the TR... But a few comments about OKW:

The resort is nice, and quite spacious. However, I think it is showing it's age just a bit (compared to other resorts). To be honest, though, after staying there, we realized that the DVC is just not for us. Nothing against it at all, but without sounding "snobby" at all, we wished that there was daily MouseKeeping, especially with an infant, etc. Not having it actually made more work, instead of less to have to worry about.

However, after walking through the BW a bit, you can see the marked difference between the two resorts. Not sure if we'd feel the same way if we were able to stay at BWV, etc.

More to come in the trip report...
    Lou Mongello

Forgot one thing...

LOVE how they welcome you "home" everytime you see a CM. You really get a sense of
    "community" there.
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast