Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVCbyResale.com - Sponsor of the DVC Forums in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm pleased to announce that DVCbyResale.com is the official sponsor of the DisneyWorldTrivia.com DVC Forums. Shontell Crawford, owner of DVCbyResale.com can help you purchase or sell a Disney Vacation Club ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

DVCbyResale.com - Sponsor of the DVC Forums

I'm pleased to announce that DVCbyResale.com is the official sponsor of the DisneyWorldTrivia.com DVC Forums.

Shontell Crawford, owner of DVCbyResale.com can help you purchase or sell a Disney Vacation Club property, as well as answer all of your questions.

DisneyWorldTrivia.com supports the DVCbyResale.com and gives it our highest recommendation.

Simply contact DVCbyResale.com by using the form on our contact page, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They will fax or e-mail the information you need to start buying or selling the Disney Vacation Club today!

• -> They handle EVERYTHING for you – from Disney’s first right of refusal, to presenting offers and preparing the contracts.
    • -> They offer the lowest commission in our industry.
    • -> They NEVER charge up-front advertising fees or appraisal fees.
    • -> They provide service to exceed your expectations – DVC By Resale markets exclusively toward Disney Vacation Club buyers.
    • -> They spend our advertising dollars to find your client! Most importantly, we KNOW your property. Our Broker is a Disney Vacation Club member and has been reselling DVC properties since 1997.
    • -> They understand the way the Disney Vacation Club works and can explain any aspects of the program to your potential buyer….something generic resale companies don’t offer.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 01-11-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Welcome!

Let me be one of the first to welcome Shontell and DVCbyResale.com as the DVC Forum sponsor.
    I would also like to echo what Lou said about Shontell and DVC resales. Linda and I bought our initial set of DVC points from Shontell back in 1997. We were very pleased with Shontell and highly recommend her company. If you are considering buying into DVC, or you want an explanation of how it works, give Shontell a buzz.

Welcome aboard; it was good to see you at Mousefest!
    Last edited by dzneynut; 01-14-2006 at 02:53 PM.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

double post

Sorry!

DVCByResale is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi Everyone!

I'm very excited to be hear and be part of this group!
    If you all know Lou, you know he is a great guy and I am thrilled to be part of his site and your community.

Just a little background - aside from being the owner of DVC By Resale I am a lover of all things Disney! I was a cast member for five years when I first moved to Florida (I won't say how long ago...I'll age myself) and have been reselling the Disney Vacation Club since 1997. I am a DVC Member, owning points at 4 resorts at the moment. I've stayed at all of them except Hilton Head and used all aspects of the trades so feel free to come to me up with questions anytime. Our frequently asked questions http://www.dvcbyresale.com/faq.html might be helpful to some of you who are just getting started.

I recognized quite a few "faces" and look forward to spending some QT with all of you!

All the best,

Shontell
    Shontell Crawford
    Lic. Real Estate Broker

DVC By Resale
    1-800-844-4099
    shontell@dvcbyresale.com

regan hennigan is offline A-Ticket holder
    hi hi

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi All~
    I am currently in the process of planning our second Disney trip. We went last year and would like to go again this year. I am trying to determine if looking into the DVC would benefit my family. We stayed at the Polynesian last year with the free dining plan and I believe it was around $3500. We are probably looking somewhere in that ballpark again this year. With those 2 years, obviously, we are $7,000 and I believe we will return again and again.
    I went on the dvcbyresale.com site and see several "affordable" options but I don't really understand what I am looking at. Could you help? For instance:

1. What is meant by "60 points available now" or "50 points coming on 12.1.09 but borrow them now"

2. Also, with the pricing to the side does this mean if we were to pay this price then we would then be the "owner" of this property or does it mean we are just using it for this year?

3. I guess, could you break this down for me an explain it:

Old Key West All 50 points coming on 12.1.09 or borrow them now!! $4,250

What exactly do I get if I buy the above?

Thank you so much and I apologize for my ignorance
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

Hi April,

Thanks for your interest...let's see if I can help a little:

1. What is meant by "60 points available now" or "50 points coming on 12.1.09 but borrow them now"

We detail exactly what is in each ownership package and the use year can affect what is available now.

2. Also, with the pricing to the side does this mean if we were to pay this price then we would then be the "owner" of this property or does it mean we are just using it for this year?

You would be the owner and the only costs you incur thereafter are the annual dues if you stay at the DVC resorts.

3. I guess, could you break this down for me an explain it:

Old Key West All 50 points coming on 12.1.09 or borrow them now!! $4,250

What exactly do I get if I buy the above?

You would be buying a 50 point annual allotment of points that began on 12.1.09. Each year thereafter, you would receive 50 points and just pay the annual dues on them.

I hope I have helped a little. Call or email me anytime I can help!

Best regards,
    Shontell
    Shontell Crawford
    Lic. Real Estate Broker

DVC By Resale
    1-800-844-4099
    shontell@dvcbyresale.com

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: DVCbyResale.com - Sponsor of the DVC Forums

Is there any advantage of buying points from Resale or directly from Disney. I rent right now and have a deal with a dvc member to rent 80 to 100 points per year up front at a price of 8.00 per point. I only need a MAX of 120 points and thats going 3 times a year using a studio. I can get by on 80 points and just rent the others as needed.Seeing Disney wants to see at 160 points or above ( I think that what I heard) Whats the benefit from buying resale?? I know its cheaper far as negotiated price per point. Is there any other additional charges that I would or would not have purchasing through resale and not Disney??
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    Is there any advantage of buying points from Resale or directly from Disney.
    For the older resorts, resale is typically less expensive than purchasing direct from DVC. On the newer resorts (BLT, VGC, AKV), DVC offers some great incentives so the price difference may not be worth the long wait of resale.

Initial Purchase from DVC

• You can get the exact number of points that you want (although you must buy a minimum of 160)
    • Faster than resale (you will be in the system and have your points and be able to make reservations much faster than resale)
    • No worries about the purchase if Disney executes ROFR, since that only applies to resale purchases
    • More expensive cost per point than the resale market, although consider the value of any DVC incentives
    • You can easily finance through DVC, and Disney doesn’t report the loan to credit reporting agencies; also, the interest on the loan will be tax-deductable (in most cases) since it’s a mortgage
    • You can pay with a Rewards credit card and get points/cash back
    • The full set of points you buy will be available immediately, versus a resale contract which may be “stripped” of points.
    • If you don’t want the resorts they are currently selling (BLT, VGC, AKV, SSR), you may have to do some firm talking to a guide to convince them you really want an older resort.
    Initial Purchase via Resale

• You may not get the exact number of points you want
    • You can purchase less than 160 points for your initial buy-in to DVC (Disney won’t let you buy less than 160 points).
    • It will take much longer to get into the DVC system and have your points (resales typically take 6-8 weeks)
    • Disney may exercise ROFR and you may loose the resale and have to start all over (When buying resale, one of the potential pitfalls to try to avoid is making an offer that will cause Disney to exercise it’s Right of First Refusal)
    • Resale is typically less expensive then buying from DVC
    • You can’t finance through DVC, although most resale brokers will recommend a finance company; also, the interest on the loan will not be tax deductible
    • A resale contract may be “stripped” of points where the user has used many of the current year’s points, and may have borrowed some or all of next year’s points. Just be aware of “stripped” contracts on the resale market.
    • Easier to pickup large point packages at any of the older DVC resorts.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

vincenteastman is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello everyone. I was wondering about dvc resales. Well I am in a province in Canada that Disney cannot send info on the dvc. Something about legal and provincial restrictions. I can buy into dvc when I am in a province of Canada, Ontario , alberta or while on holiday at Disney world. My question is, since this is a resale and not directly through Disney, can I buy into the club through resale while still in my home province? Thanks for the help.

Thumbs up Re: DVCbyResale.com - Sponsor of the DVC Forums

Yes, you may definitely buy resale from your home in Canada. Contact us anytime we may be of service!

All the best,
    Shontell
    Shontell Crawford
    Lic. Real Estate Broker

DVC By Resale
    1-800-844-4099
    shontell@dvcbyresale.com