Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss new dvc member in the Vacation Planning forums; my husband and i are new members as of 1/06. we bought into saratoga springs and just booked our first vaca for this october in our home resort. however, we ...
    kimj is offline A-Ticket holder

new dvc member

my husband and i are new members as of 1/06. we bought into saratoga springs and just booked our first vaca for this october in our home resort.
    however, we want to stay at the bcv instead and were told nothing is available there or the boardwalk... we are now on a waiting list for either resort. my question is, has anyone ever been on the waiting list and what are our chances of something opening up??
    any info would be great!!

DVCByResale is offline A-Ticket holder
    Kim,

First, welcome home! I have had tremenous success with the waitlist. The Food and Wine Festival is that month so it does tend to book quickly, but I've been able to get in every year. Time is on your side!

Best of luck,
    Shontell
    Shontell Crawford
    Lic. Real Estate Broker

DVC By Resale
    1-800-844-4099
    shontell@dvcbyresale.com

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As Shontell indicates, this period is very popular in the EPCOT resorts (BCV & BWV) during the F&W Festival and it is often difficult to book at the 7 month window at that time. Just stay on the wait list and cross your fingers.

After all, the "worst" that can happen is you stay at SSR, which is a beautiful DVC resort in its own right. Good luck!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)