Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Resort Rumor in the Vacation Planning forums; This was posted on our RUMORS board, just curious as to what DVC members think of this.... Originally Posted by AKQJ10 OK, one my "little Bluebirds" just sat on my ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

DVC Resort Rumor

This was posted on our RUMORS board, just curious as to what DVC members think of this....

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    OK, one my "little Bluebirds" just sat on my shoulder on whispered this in my ear:

Word in the kingdom is that Disney may be planning to build another NEW Magic Kindgom-area DVC resort.... Where the old STOL port currently sits!!!

I can't expand on this any more at this time, but I do trust this source.

More information as it becomes available.

Your thoughts?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.ˇ´¸.ˇ*´¨) ¸.ˇ*¨)
    (¸.ˇ´ (¸.ˇ´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    OKay I read that this morning too and my first thought was, what the heck resort is that. You know sometimes how your brain doesn't work efficiently in the morning, at least enough to not be able to read an abbreviation. So a little help here...
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran
    OKay I read that this morning too and my first thought was, what the heck resort is that. You know sometimes how your brain doesn't work efficiently in the morning, at least enough to not be able to read an abbreviation. So a little help here...
    I had to ask too. It is a small runway(Short TakeOff and Landing), more often used for storage than a runway, it is along the EPCOT monorail path.
    Maggie

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Thanks camper, that's makes alot more sense now. I kept thinking what resort is that? I thought I knew all the resorts on the property. Huge sigh of relief!
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I think the thought of another independent DVC Resort, (not connected to another Disney Resort) is exciting.

They could theme it based on the original MK Resorts planned that were never built...

Theming was key to their design. Walt wanted the entire property to be a themed experience, not just the theme park. The resorts not only had their own individual look, but were specifically planned and positioned as extensions of the MAGIC KINGDOMŽ Park. This way, all architecture surrounding the Seven Seas Lagoon would be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and each hotel would reflect its own highest standards of Disney quality and entertainment. The Tempo Bay Resort Hotel became the Contemporary Resort (now Disney's Contemporary Resort) and was placed as a compatible backdrop to Tomorrowland. Disney's Polynesian Resort (formerly Polynesian Village Resort) is an extension of Adventureland. Farther back in the surrounding forests, the campground known as Fort Wilderness (now Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground), named after the fort on Tom Sawyer's Island in DISNEYLANDŽ Park, features the quiet country atmosphere of Frontierland. (The same care used to preserve trees in other areas of development took place at Fort Wilderness as well. Subsequent planning of resort campsites and roads saved fifty percent more trees, including 300-year-old cypress trees). Further plans included at least three more resorts around the lagoon, with Venetian, Asian, and Persian styles.

How exciting would it be if we had a Venetian, Asian, or Persian style DVC Resort?

Too cool!

Click here for more WDW History....

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.ˇ´¸.ˇ*´¨) ¸.ˇ*¨)
    (¸.ˇ´ (¸.ˇ´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Oh if this comes to actully happen this will be great. I have been dreaming about another DVC resort and one that has monorail access would be a welcome addition to the kingdom. We are DVC members at Saratoga but would love to stay in a DVC monorail resort.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034
    Oh if this comes to actully happen this will be great. I have been dreaming about another DVC resort and one that has monorail access would be a welcome addition to the kingdom. We are DVC members at Saratoga but would love to stay in a DVC monorail resort.
    As much as I would like it, I don't know if it will have monorail access. I don't think it would be convienent since it's on the Epcot loop (I think it's also on the side of the track that the monorail leaving Epcot travels on). I could be wrong, though - wouldn't be the first time. But I would love for it to be a monorail resort!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If it was a well themed resort, and had monorail access, it could be a very nice addition for DVC. Of the three mentioned, an Italian themed resort might be the best. Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal is as well-themed as any Disney resort hotel, but it does have access to a nice waterway. If they could do something like that with the waterway streets of Venice, it could be outstanding!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)