Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Do you think that this will be summer only? in the Vacation Planning forums; Do you guys think that this will only be for the summer or do you think it will be a permanent thing that would replace member update? Originally Posted by ...
    skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!

Do you think that this will be summer only?

Do you guys think that this will only be for the summer or do you think it will be a permanent thing that would replace member update?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvcmember.com
    Welcome Home Wednesdays

Welcome Home Wednesdays is the newest Member event at the Walt Disney World® Resort. These interactive gatherings, taking place on most Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. inside Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's BoardWalk entertainment district, give Members and their family and friends the latest scoop through a high-energy, interactive game show. Deevy See, a beloved diva at many Member events, is among the zany cast o characters who may be the game show's surprise host on any given date.

Members and their family and friends enjoy light refreshments while testing their knowledge in a variety of Disney categories, including Home Resorts, Perks, Where in the World?, and the ever popular Mousellaneous.

Schedules and locations for Welcome Home Wednesdays are subject to change, so be sure to look for details in your check-in folder during your next Walt Disney World® vacation.

"Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    wow, that sounds interesting..

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Smile

I think it may just be a summer thing to attract guests and keep them there. However, they may keep it all year-round and change the theme every few months..
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 07-05-2006 at 07:00 PM.

cherylp3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    according to vacation magic the summer block party at PI is also still happening.

I'm not sure if this is summer only or just trying a new location to draw in members at Boardwalk and beach club.

-Cheryl

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm pretty sure this is intended to replace the member update sessions previously held at SSR. The feedback we've seen is that those sessions were not very informative or entertaining and people wanted to be entertained while on vacation, especially those with kids.

My bet is that this is the new format intended to try to draw more people (and sell more DVC add-on points).
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Granny, do you work for Disney?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    Granny, do you work for Disney?
    No...sorry, I can certainly see where you would get that impression from my post though. I didn't mean to mislead.

I was referring to the feedback we (internet forum users here and elsewhere) have seen from members who attend the old Member Update meetings. I was providing an opinion when I opined that people were somewhat disappointed with the pre-scripted nature of the Member Updates and many felt it wasn't worth the time.

I think they're just trying to make the meeting more enjoyable as befits a meeting held during someone's vacation time. Just an opinion.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)