Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Where is your DVC Home Resort?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Running Count of DWT DVCers in the Vacation Planning forums; AKV is our home resort...
    toyz33 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Running Count of DWT DVCers

AKV is our home resort

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Our home is Villas at Wilderness Lodge which we like as it is also the smallest, so it's good to have the larger booking window. We kept going back there for the first 8 years and even did a half and half with the AKV last year because we love AK so much (second favorite park!).
    But this year, we scrapped the 1 BR at VWL to try out the new BLT. Since the Contemporary is where I stayed as a kid in the 70's and early 80's (ahh the Contemporary arcade, River Country, Discovery Island..)- I am really psyched to stay there again.
    One of the great things about DVC is that regardless of your "Home" resort, they are all considered home to members/owners. Especially in these economic times, having your lodging onsite at WDW is great incentive to find cheap airfare to get there! Tickets, Souvenirs, Food, are all realtively controllable expenses if planned well!
    BTW - I looked up on the Disney site how much the 1 BR Bay Lake view room we would have goes for at rack rate and it's $550 a night! We paid like $12k just to get 150 points at VWL and added another 60 at ~$5k to get 210, so we can pretty much guarantee a week a year. The rack rate comes out to like $4k for just that 1 week!

Love DVC!!!!

MrIncredible is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On a grand and miraculous spaceship, sailing through the universe of time...

Band, can't wait to hear details of BLT. We're very excited about it's proximity to MK and love the Contemporary. Hopefully it is a sign that the Poly is a future DVC site!

We joined just 2 years ago and our home resort is Saratoga Springs. We have yet to stay there, but liked the low monthly dues that come with the larger resort. We've been to Hilton Head which was wonderful, and we're planning a trip to Vero this July. Does anyone have any advice for Vero? Must do's or placed to eat? would love to hear from everyone.

Thanks!

Matt in Indy

NitroStitch is offline A-Ticket holder

I can't tell what the count is exactly but I seem to be in the low 60's - my home is Boardwalk Villas. There are NEVER enough points, and I'd love to own at AKL and/or BLT. Someday...when I win the lottery!
    Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Never a thank you. Never a job well done.

oakmanner is offline A-Ticket holder

# 56 We have 185 pts @ Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

We purchased our Membership in June of 2008

1998- Dixie Landings, 2000- Dixie Landings, 2001- DLR, 2002- DLR, 2002- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Pop Century, 2004- Pop Century, 2006- Pop Century, 2007- Port Orleans Riverside, 2008- Land & Sea; Beach Club & Disney Wonder, 2008- Saratoga Springs, 2009-Saratoga Springs, 2010- Animal Kingdom Villas

WDWFigment is offline A-Ticket holder

Looks like this thread needs to be updated with an option for BLT. SSR representing!

luvlifeinfl is offline A-Ticket holder

SSR in 2006.
    Shelley DVCmember 2006
    http://thedisneydrivenlife.com
    NDM#121
    FW05,AK06,SSR07,BW08,SSRNov21-30,09
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~ Walt Disney

luvlifeinfl is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    Looks like this thread needs to be updated with an option for BLT. SSR representing!
    It is funny seeing you on this forum. I have an idea, but since i do not know how to create a poll, how about doing one on how many disney forums do you belong too.
    Shelley DVCmember 2006
    http://thedisneydrivenlife.com
    NDM#121
    FW05,AK06,SSR07,BW08,SSRNov21-30,09
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~ Walt Disney

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

We have a measley 630 points!! OKW, BC, BLT -- And I'd buy more if DH would let me! It gets hard to get into Beach Club and Boardwalk without them being your home resort. I expect BLT to be the same.

I bought 210 points in 1994 before kids, before current marriage --- all to get "free" passes until 2000. Boy, I wore that benefit out! That was worth it right there. Imagine my shock when I had to start paying for passes!! And no FL discount! Yet I pay property taxes in FL... glad to see the discount on AP, but we are trying a new route this next year as the kids have gotten older.

I started with 210 at OKW, then added 150 at Boardwalk, then added 100 more to OKW. Then added 170 at Beach Club. and was happy until BLT was announced! So I sold off boardwalk to my family (since they have expected me to take them for free since 1994 --- I told them they can pay for their rooms now --- LOL) and bought BLT last Oct.

Now, if there is ever a Polynesian DVC, I'm all over it!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

We own at Old Key West and The Boardwalk but I must say, Hilton Head is one of my favorite DVC resorts. We go there every summer and have the BEST time in the world!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

We bought 160pts at BLT last September while on the Disney Magic, I think it was $96 per point after onboard discounts, we've got our first trip home this year with a M.K. view, can't wait and will probably add on at some point
    Think we're #59
    Last edited by TheLionKing; 02-15-2010 at 12:29 PM.

DisneyEater is offline A-Ticket holder

We fell in love with OKW, but I am sure my wife would love to add at the GF if the rumors are true.

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow- this thread was dead for over a year and suddenly a new post popped in my inbox... update over the past year..

We are going back again to the VWL in October.. just can't get enough of The Wilderness Lodge.. it's fun boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is right in the heart of the magic yet the WL takes you away from any hustle/bustle of the park.

We did LOVE the BLT when we stayed, but both kids and wife said they wanted to go back to the WL... go figure.. maybe if the OLD Contemporary arcade was still around?? Hee-Haw on the TV? playing Discs of Tron, Rally-X and Star Trek...

Aulani Dave is offline A-Ticket holder

This thread is so old...My DVC resort isnt a selection! Where is the love for Aulani? :-)

lazydazy8 is offline A-Ticket holder

You revived it, Aulani Dave!!

We own at SSR. Been members since 2006! Love owning a little piece of The Mouse!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast