Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas in the Vacation Planning forums; DVC has finally let the cat (the "Big Cat") outta the bag..... The newest DVC resort will be "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas" " Disney time shares are coming to the ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

DVC has finally let the cat (the "Big Cat") outta the bag.....

The newest DVC resort will be "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas"

" Disney time shares are coming to the Animal Kingdom, with a plan for 458 units, the company said Wednesday.

According to Disney, the time shares will be a mix of new construction and renovated accommodations in part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They'll feature African-inspired details and most will offer views of a savannah inhabited by a variety of animals.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas will be the company's eighth time-share property -- the sixth at Walt Disney World -- and was hailed Wednesday as a smart business decision.......

Development of the Animal Kingdom Villas is scheduled in phases, with units to begin opening in fall 2007. The project is scheduled to be completed by spring 2009.

The first phase will include 134 remodeled accommodations on the fifth and sixth floors of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and additional phases will include the building of 324 vacation properties in a new building at the resort."

For the full Orlando Sentinelarticle, Click Here

So who's gonna buy at DAKV????

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I would love to get DAKV. Although it doesn't look anytime soon, I think it's a great location for another resort.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I gotta get in on this DVC. I'm not a DVC member but I stayed as a guest this past May at OKW. I loved it!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    My vacation ownership is at the BWV, but I would love to try the DAKV. Looking forward to the opening.

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    That is a great resort that just got better
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    anybody know when they will open and what size rooms they will be considered?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Finally
    I really wasn't that excited about the big announced that was rumored, because I assumed it would be the DVC coming to the CR and I couldn't care less. When I found out it was going to be DVC @ my favorite resort (after home of SSR, of course) I was thrilled . I can't afford an add on at this time, but I do want to stay there for sure!

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am happy to see Disney add another "deluxe resort add-on" to its line up. I think it will be a wonderful addition.

I'd like to see them add Contemporary Villas too...just keep adding those options of various villas to stay at while visiting WDW.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just got the news in the mail last week. I only wish we could afford to purchase 100 more points. I am sure will will attempt to stay there once it is opened.
    Eric

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    not buying, but definitely going to stay there.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    so are they taking away rooms for dvc use only? that would not make me happy
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613 View Post
    so are they taking away rooms for dvc use only? that would not make me happy
    Non DVC members can use DVC units. You don't have to be a member, it's just that members get "first dibs" so to speak. You can book at these places using cash.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think they are taking away some rooms and turning them into DVC units. I wouldn't quote me on this though.

I haven't been following this too closely, but DVC has already mailed out information to current DVC members about this. Per the DVC members site:

Unearth the Excitement of Life on the Savanna

Now is the time to share in the development of another exciting Disney Vacation Club community and purchase an Ownership Interest in the unique Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

You can experience Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas in fall 2007, when the Resort welcomes its first Guests to superb new accommodations located at Jambo House, the existing Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. At Jambo House you will enjoy amenities such as the stunning Uzima Pool and two popular restaurants, Boma Flavors of Africa and Jiko The Cooking Place.

In early 2009, the new Kidani Village will bring:

* Vacation Homes where most of the rooms offer more spacious floor plans than those found in other Disney Vacation Club Resorts and all one-bedrooms will sleep up to five people
    * A brand-new full-service restaurant where you can enjoy savory meals
    * An additional savanna that you can view from your room
    * A feature pool and water play area fun for children, tots and teens

Hurry, Grab These Offers by the Horns

As a current Member, you and your family have the exclusive opportunity to leave a lasting mark on the new Resort. In the tradition of recording the legacy of magnificent African kings on tapestries sewn by the tribe, Disney Vacation Club is creating a special tapestry to honor the Founding Members of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. Purchase an Ownership Interest in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas equal to 150 Vacation Points or more by February 28, 2007, and become a Founding Member and have your name added to this Village Tapestry.

* Plus, if you purchase an Ownership Interest in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas equal to 100 Vacation Points or more, you can receive a credit of $8 per Vacation Point
    I'm really curious about this new restaurant. Jiko and Boma are both great options, so I'm wondering what type of cuisine & atmosphere they'll be adding.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    An AKL DVC was always my dream, so I am happy
    However, at this time, I can't afford to buy more points right now.
    But until I've got the cash together to buy some points, I can still stay there and that makes me very happy