Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyana Discounts and Coupons Discuss Why buy Disney DVDs when you can rent 3 at a time from Netflix? in the Disney Merchandise & Collectibles forums; Rather than buy all the Disney DVDs you want to watch, why not rent as many as you like for a little as $9.99 per month! You can rent three ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Why buy Disney DVDs when you can rent 3 at a time from Netflix?

Rather than buy all the Disney DVDs you want to watch, why not rent as many as you like for a little as $9.99 per month! You can rent three movies at a time with absolutely NO late fees! I use Netflix and absolutely love it!

Netflix - Only $9.99 a month. Over 40,000 Titles. No Late F ees. Try it for Free!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    That is a good deal!
    There is just something about bringing home a Disney DVD and opening the package and getting really excited tho!
    I do want to try Netflix for other movies though, there is so much I want to watch and movies to rent are at least 4 bucks now so it makes sense to just get NetFlix.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I suppose that would be good if you actually wanted to rent them. Most movies that I buy are watched a few times when they're new, then they sit around collectiong dust for a few years until I discover them again and maybe give them another showing or two, before going back on the shelf and the pattern repeats. It's those kinds of movies that would make renting, or a program like netflix, worthwhile.

But on the other hand, my girlfriend and I each have a ton of the Disney classics on VHS, but those are deteriorating in quality, and her VCR just up and croaked on us one night when we went to go watch Alladin together . She only had a handful of Disney movies on DVD... all newer stuff though, and none of the animated classics. I didn't have any Disney DVDs, and so i suggested that the two of us begin collecting Disney DVDs to replace our aging VHS sets. I started it off by getting her the special edition Alladin DVD for our 17 month-iversary, and I only hope we're together long enough for our collection to grow into more of a library.

So, I'm not sure I would want to rent Disney movies. There are some things that you just prefer to keep forever, even if you don't watch them all the time. It's the collection, and the memories attached to them that count the most.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I like to "screen" Disney movies that I might be "on the bubble" about buying. If I like, I buy, dislike, I don't
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yes that would be a good idea! Especially for sequels and things, I normally rent those before deciding if I want to buy them. (which rarely happens but there have been some.)

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Yeah I screen some at first too. But if it something that we really want I just go ahead and buy it. Hey Mainstreet I have the same problem as well with the old VHS tapes. I have every disney from live action to animated on VHS sans a few missing and what I have done was get the ones that the kids and I love the most on dvd. I probaly will get the rest but for now I usually by the ones the kids watch the most on dvd.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Yeah I have every movie possible on VHS, which is kind of crappy cause my VCR eats tapes, I only use it to tape shows cause if they get eaten its not a big deal. I know they are cheap but its not really worth it in my opinion. My mom however has all my Disney VHS's at her house cause she has not yet moved up in the world of DVDS. So basically I am trying to get them all now on DVD. It just makes me mad cause some are not available but I got them on VHS when they were.

kebdal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I sold all my Disney VHS tapes months ago on E-Bay. I have the majority of them re-bought on DVD...and I buy every new Disney DVD that is released. True, I have four kids - but also I happen to have no problem giving my money to Disney. Maybe they will take it and build another park addition.
    I use my Netflix subscription for all non-Disney new releases.
    Katie (33) and Elvis (41)
    DS Casey Michael (14)
    DS Tyler Anthony (12)
    DS Adisa Andwele (7)
    DS Jelani Aitan (5)
    DD Due August 25th!

DL: 1982, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, May 2008, Nov 2009
    WDW: 1999, May 2007, ~Oct 2010~

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Generally i only get the diseny dvds that i really really want to own

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Because I like buying Disney DVD's and Videos. I have a few.

They call me "Nana"

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    my friend does the blockbuster version and she really likes it...but i too like to own the disney movies so i can watch them over...but that's a good idea to check out the ones you're not so sure about first...are they ever going to release on dvd? i'd really like to have that one!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    So would I! But Toy Story 2 is coming out at Christmas time!
    Last edited by iwannabeminnie; 11-04-2005 at 09:34 AM.
    They call me "Nana"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    ...are they ever going to release on dvd? i'd really like to have that one!

It was released on DVD in 1999. And apparently I am the only one on DWT who owns it. It'll be released as a platinum 2 disc set next Fall.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    thanx..i didn't have a dvd player at the time which is probably why i had no clue! man, i have to wait til next fall
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney