Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyana Fan Club (formerly NFFC) Discuss What IS the NFFC? in the Disney Meets forums; Ok, I want to know what the NFFC is all about! What do you get? Tell me all about it!...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder

What IS the NFFC?

Ok, I want to know what the NFFC is all about! What do you get? Tell me all about it!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    NFFC is the national fantasy fan club that is "the" organization for Disney fans. The are a worldwide non-profit organization that has chapters...well worldwide

For more information you can visit their official website at http://www.nffc.org
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    What do you get?
    You get to hang out with people that also love Disney as much as you do!

Our chapter here in Minnesota does "show and tell" after chapter business is discussed then one of our members usually give a presentation on just about any Disney topic - anywhere from talking about Disneyana collections to potlucks and picnics.
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

schnebs is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, as a member you get monthly (more or less) issues of the national newsletter, the Fantasyline Express, which cantains stories about the club's national and chapter events and many things Disney (theme parks, movies, books, collecting, and others). You also have access to the members's section of the website, nffc.org, where we provide information about the club and upcoming events.

You can also attend the national organization's events, like the NFFC Convention hald in California every July and the Florida Convention, which is held at the end of September. The national club also hosts special events like a Disney cruise that's being held in May and a trip to New York to see the Disney Broadway shows (which is this fall, IIRC).

As a member, you can also join local chapters of the NFFC; as trypnotic mentioned, it's a great chance to get together with your fellow Disney fans and do a lot of fun things! For example, I'm in the Los Angeles chapter, and we hold monthly meetings where we've had guests like Dave Smith and Robert Tieman from the Disney Archives, author David Koenig, and artists Terri Hardin and Dave Avanzino. We've done group trips to visit sites related to Walt Disney in the Los Angeles area, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Walt's Barn (the barn that used to be at his home that he ran his backyard railroad from), the El Capitan Theater, and of course Disneyland. We've also had members put on presentations about about things like their trips to the Disney parks and Disney music. Obviously not every local chapter can get speakers or do trips to a theme park as part of their chapter meetings, but I've been pretty impressed by what they can do!
    Work is what I do between Disney theme park visits.

dreamfinder1982 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Nick,

We have our next chapter meeting on Sat, Feb 23 and we are in Orlando, not far froom Land o lakes. Check our meeting posting for more details.

Take Care

Arlen