Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Have you been to Club 33?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Club 33 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; hey guys, this i going to be a rather long post - I will have to write a little story because the question I'm going to ask isn't a question ...
    maxiv is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Club 33

hey guys,

this i going to be a rather long post - I will have to write a little story because the question I'm going to ask isn't a question I would expect anyone to answer with a "yes" without any further knowledge about the person etc..if there even is a chance to the "yes"-answer.

so let me introduce myself first:
    My name is Max, i am 21 years old and a student of economic sciences at the University of Munich in Germany. I am a huuuge WDW geek allthough i was there only twice on vacation (It's rather expensive for us Germans with the flight and so :-( ) but i worked as a Cast Member for a year until exactly a year ago within the Cultural Representative Program at EPCOT.
    My dad wanted to pick me up last year before i went to fly back home, take me to the other side of the US and tour California and Vegas with me. I was very very excited to start that trip with him (also because he's almost 70 and I don't know how much longer he will be willing/able to do such long journeys). two weeks before I was about to officially end my program with Disney he suffered a very bad heart attack and had already been clinically dead twice. Of course I went home straight away within only 2 days and the trip was cancelled.

My dad is well now, very well actually and last years trip has been postponed to this summer! woohooooooo!
    so being the disney fan i am and even having worked for the company, i of course want to experience disneyland and see the differences. so you might already guess what going to ask, hehe.
    my dad is a huge gourmet hobby-cook and we love good food - and i would like to show him that disney is way more than just mickey mouse, rollercoasters and burgers 'n fries - so i would be the happiest person on earth if i would be able to get him into Club 33.
    here's my question - and i wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't work out but i figured if i wont ask i will never know so i'll just give it a shot: would anyone be willing to make a reservation for the two of us?

OK, now it's out....as i said, i could really understand if you wouldn't do that favor to a total stranger but again - you always gotta try. this trip just really means a lot to me because since i moved out from home in october (because of my studies in munich - my parents live a little away) i don't see my dad very often but we still enjoy a really good relationsihp with each other.

i would be happy to hear from anyone via PM - and if it's "just" for some tips about touring disneyland in comparison to WDW, that would be great, too.

have a magical day, folks!

Best regards from Germany,
    Max

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

I had the pleasure of having lunch during the Friends of the Magic gathering this past July. Amazing place, excellent food and excellent service. I just hope I get to do it again one day.
    Joe.

JDarlingDLCP is offline A-Ticket holder

I went in Feb of 2003 and had a great time. We went for dinner. Someone got us reservations as a Christmas present and it was good. I won't say "best food ever." I actually have had better food in various places around San Deigo, however, it was very good! We had a pretty good time, but it wasn't until we were on our way out and got to talking with a cast member who gave us the tour and some added history of the place that I didn't know. At that time, it was (I think) $25,000 for 1 year membership (which is why I think many corporations are members - rather than individuals). It's so exclusive, that various NON-MEMBER celebrities have called thinking their status will get them in. Well, surprise, surprise, it didn't!

We were hoping to see Fantasmic from Club 33, but the view is very well hidden by a large tree.

It's a great place to take someone special and really take your time and relax. Definately NOT for the theme park commando types, as you will spend a significant amount of time eating here. But it is great for veterans who love to relax.

I really wish I could go back for my 30th in a couple months!
    Disneyland Annual passholder and proud Celebrations Press Contributing Author!
    Owner of Disneyland Kennel frequent VIP!
    Next trip to Disneyland - Is it the weekend yet?
    Finally in Twitter (JDisneyland). Follow my adventures there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123