Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss I need a good pre-trip Disneyland book! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; We're going to DL in 52 days (YAHOO). We go about once a year and are devoted podcast listeners too, but we'd like to learn some new stuff. Can anyone ...
    8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Question I need a good pre-trip Disneyland book!

We're going to DL in 52 days (YAHOO). We go about once a year and are devoted podcast listeners too, but we'd like to learn some new stuff. Can anyone recommend a book to get us (and the kids ages 8 & 12) even more excited? I'm wanting to learn more about the little details of the park (and DCA). I know Lou has writtten trivia books, but I don't know if they contain much about Disneyland specifically...I've heard "The Disneyland Detective" is great and there might be a "DCA Detective" coming out. I'd love more info on those or other ideas... Thanks!!!

kathyj0 is offline A-Ticket holder
    While I haven't read the Disneyland Detective, I've heard it is very good. Kendra Trahan was talking about her DCA Detective at NFFC convention a few weeks ago but I'm not sure the release date. If its the little details and story behind them that you are looking for, I'd say these are probably your best best.
    Kathy

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Yes, Disneyland Detective is an awesome book, I've read it a million times! Also, if you are interested in Hidden Mickeys, I recommend Steve Barrett's new Disneyland's Hidden Mickey book!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    if you want to know about everysingle store in the park and everysingle ride plus show and restraunts birnbaums disneyland guide for 2007 is great all rides are described in detail plus shopping and dinning

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If you want behind the scenes tales, one of the best books I have ever read is Mouse Tales by david Koenig, I highly recommend it.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!