Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Convince Me to Go in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So...has Jenn booked her DL trip yet?...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    So...has Jenn booked her DL trip yet?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    So...has Jenn booked her DL trip yet?
    No because they haven't put the 2008 packages out there yet for Disneyland EITHER.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Well I have never been to disneyland but I want to go very very badly! and these are the reasons why:

1. They have Mr Toad's wild ride!! one of my favorites that I miss very much
    2. The matterhorn, a classic disney attraction I would love to ride
    3. space mountain (with the new track and everything, I would like to check that out)
    4. all the other rides they have that disney world doesnt: alice in wonderland, the pinocchio ride and a few others
    5. Pirates lair on tom sawyer's island! (maybe this just excited me because I'm a huge pirates fan)
    6. They have the finding nemo submarine voyage (which is basically just like the old ride with nemo and friends)
    7. This was walt disney's first park, which would be awesome to get to see
    8. indiana jones adventure, which sounds like it would be sooo much fun!!

Then there is california adventure with some awesome things to see!

so yes, I think that going to disneyland at least once would be well worth it, I can't wait until I get to go! (someday... I don't know when)
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    No because they haven't put the 2008 packages out there yet for Disneyland EITHER.
    It's a conspiracy!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I put some pictures from my trip from last May in the Disneyland Hotel thread.

If you DO go and get a suite, let me know!!!!

I'm planning on getting a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suite there sometime in the next couple years with my CM discount and take my parents as a "thank you" since my Mom hasn't been in awhile and my Dad was the one who took me last year, and my fiance (will be husband by then) has never been either.

So if you do go, definitely let me know pricing and whatnot for you!!!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Absolutely.... if we go there will be a lot of posting and pictures. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Itinerary Details

Disneyland® Hotel

Arriving on 3/30/2008 for 4 nights; 2 Adults and 1 Child (age 2)

Room Type: Upper Level Resort/Pool View
    Package: Resort Package
    Tickets: 5 for 3 Park Hopper® souvenir ticket
    Dining: Character Breakfast
    Special Features: Disney Gift Card, Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, Character Calls

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    I'm sure you are aware that the Subs are back up and running and its a great ride! i loved it... since you are staying at the hotel, you should be able to get into the park an hour before it officially opens. I would recommend going to the subs first; once the park opens the subs line fills up and hits 2 HOURS within 20 minutes of opening... if you do it right, even if you have to wait two hours, have someone wait in line while another gets fast passes for Splash Mountain. Then wait until you are able to get another fast pass, get one for space mountain. Ride the Subs, then hit Thunder Mountain and go standby. By this time you should be able to get another fastpass... get an Indian Jones fastpass. Go standby for Jungle Cruise, then standby for HM, use your fastpass for Splash Mountain, then head back over to use your fast pass for Space Mountain. You can ride other rides as well before using your pass for Indy... I've done this numerous times and hit all the major rides by 12 noon... it can be done! lol

as for convincing you to go to Disneyland vs WDW...

not only do you have disneyland, but you also have OC and LA area to vist, such as Hollywood and Newport or Laguna Beach. Tons of shopping, Knotts Berry Farm is right around the corner down the 91 freeway... there is tons to do in SoCal!
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

LOL thanks Gym! I suppose the "good news' is we won't be doing most of the big rides so it's not too crazy. We've got a 3 day park hopper too so that helps. I'll do Space Mountain while my husband holds the baby. Beyond that we won't do Big Thunder or Splash Mountain most likely. We are going to enjoy ourselves and relax and have fun. I won't be running around crazy this trip... it cost too much! LOL!!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it, but I guess I will have to wait for that. Hmmm, maybe I can plan my own DL trip!

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Better, longer, and original POTC!
    Hmmmm I thought Disneyland didn't modify theirs to be all "Captain Jacked Up" but on the Disneyland site it says Captain Jack has joined the crew. Poo!

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    Disneyland was the first to announce changing POTC, Disney World then followed suit and altered theirs as well
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i know you are already going but a reason you should go is because disneyland has the magic that disneyworld doesnt have... its where it all started and many of the rides are the original that were there in1955 when the park opened. disneyworld just has more parks but if you compare the magic kingdom to disneyland there is no comparison the magical feeling sort of got lost in disneyworld while it still has magic it just doesnt compare to disneylands magic its as if you can feel the presence of walt himself....just to putit blankly disneyland is better than magic kingdom because it has the magic factor... here watch this video of the fireworks show watch all of it, its great and it incorporates the most famous rides in the show

YouTube - Remember....Dreams Come True

please tell me wat u think of that show

I think that is precisely the reason we wanted to give DL a shot... to experience the Magic of the original. Thanks tawnilai!!

Well... we decided to cancel. I had to pay a cancellation fee but in the grand scheme of things it was worth it because we simply can't afford the trip like we thought we would. Ahhh well maybe next time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast