Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Convince Me to Go in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Awe, too bad! It's probably better to wait. Going into debt won't make for happy memories even if you have a really good time....
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Awe, too bad! It's probably better to wait. Going into debt won't make for happy memories even if you have a really good time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    BamaJenn, I live smack dab in the center of the U.S., Kansas Baby! And I have made 14 pilgramages to Disneyland and 2 soon to be three to WDW.

1. Disneyland is the original, whlie smaller in size, you will immediately notice more attention to detail, theming in every little corner and special touches of all the years it has existed.

2. Difference in Rides.

1. Pirates is alot better at Disneyland, it has the Blue Bayou restaurant inside the ride which makes for an Amazing Dining Experience.
    2. Mr. Toad, enough said!
    3. Matterhorn Bobsleds, although it is a bit of a rough ride, the site of a huge white mountain with dual rollercoasters that have a different ride experience on each side is amazing, make sure you ride at night!!!!
    4. Space Mountain is way better at Disneyland, although WDW has dual tracks, Disneyland provides a darker, much faster ride! It is really amazing!
    5. This should probably be # 1, but Indiana Jones!!! Talk about the mother of all rides, the que itself is an attraction, this is hands down one of the most amazing rides ever.
    6. New Orleans Square, this is generally one of the most popular areas in Disneyland, it is home to Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, it gives a great feel and has great dining options!
    7. Mickey's Towntown, a whole land separte from everything else with mickey, minnie, goofy, and donalds house! Don't forget Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin.
    8. Oh, and I forgot about Finding Nemo Submarine lagoon ride! Just opened this year!

Disneyland just has an absolutely amazing feeling. If you are staying off property, I recommend the Anaheim Hilton, the largest hotel in SoCal, it is amazing! Great Dining, Great pool, Great Fitness Center and the shuttle will take you right there, you can always walk to the park as well! At DL you can stay off property and have just as good if not better experience, plus you are 20 m inutes from the Beach, 45 minute boat trip from Catalina Island, an hour from L.A., the possiblities are endless! Enjoy Disneyland, it is absolutely amazing.

To all who read this, I love WDW as well, just Disneyland holds the special place in my heart becuase that was my first and always my most magical experiences ever!

big Dan
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Thanks Dan, unfortunately I think you missed my update where I said we weren't going now. *pouts*
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! So is your next trip the the land or the world?
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDan275 View Post
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! So is your next trip the the land or the world?
    We decided to cancel the trip we had booked to the land because it was about $3k more than a trip to the world. So, we cancelled and I booked a trip to the world for May. I am TOTALLY fine with it though because I realllllly wanna see what they do to SSE and what they have done to the HM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

BamaJenn, I will not steer you wrong, if you have another opportunity, you must visit Disneyland!!
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I see I'm a bit late jumping in to throw in my own two cents seeing as you've already canceled, but I would simply look at it in this way...

As a Disney fan, why should I not make an effort to see all of what Disney has to offer, or at least as much of it as I can? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney has now I think 11 theme parks worldwide... only 6 of them here in the U.S. of A. Of those, I have seen only the 4 over here on the East Coast. While MK here in WDW is my favorite park in the whole wide world (so far), I would give my right arm and a number of fingers on my left (but not the opposable thumb... I've determined I will need that someday) for a chance to see some of these other Disney parks. In fact, I've made it a lifetime goal to see them all. And #1 on my list of "Must see Disney parks that I have never been to in my life" is the one and only original - Disneyland. I struggle to find the logic that allows me to call myself a true Disney theme park fan without at least seen that one, and yet somehow I do it. One of these days I'll manage to get out there. I promise, Walt!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Main Street, you would not regret it, I promise!
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Gosh, DL rocks. it is smaller and easier to navigate, it has the amazing Matterhorn and the IASW edifice and Disneyland Hotel milk and cookies at night (order from front desk) just adds to the magic, book a room with a view of the restaurant courtyard area and enjoy. Also, if time permits, run down to San Diego Zoo since it is the best in the world and such a treat for kids. Go, when you can and enjoy SoCal-Venice beach, the Strand, Rodeo Drive and Hollyweird. It is a really fun city to visit (with a tour driver of course) and a totally different feel in the park. The best way to describe the feeling is at DW, people are in a scramble to do everything, but at DL it is more the feeling of let's enjoy the experience of going to the legendary, visionary park that started it all. It is less hurried and the people seem to absorb the experience rather then racing through it. Does that make sense?

THat matterhorn makes it so beautiful and that much more magical!
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That's too bad that you didn't get to go....But I think everyone needs to see both WDW and DLR. I disagree with the people who say that DLR is Walt's park as if WDW isn't. WDW was Walt's baby, in his own words "Believe me it's the most exciting and challenging we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions". Just because he died before it was finished doesn't make it any less "his park". Both DLR and WDW have unique offerings.

If you do get to go, you definitely need to go on Indy and Space Mountain, although the ride for SM is very cool...The first time I saw it, I said "Is this a toy? Where is the real one?" LOL It's so tiny compared to the ORIGINAL Space Mountain in Florida. The ride inside is awesome. You definitely need to see DLR's Fantasmic, it puts the one at the Disney-MGM Studios to shame. Peter Pan totally kicks Pocahantas...uhmm animal friends...You know what I mean.

socaldisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    SO CAL RESIDENT PRESENT.. im very biased IMO but... theyre is just something specail about DLR in general that WDW does not have to offer its guests... although u cannot go wrong with visiting a disney park in genreal... im trying to plan a trip to WDW summer 2008 since i havent been there since '05
    ...SoCalDisney...

Disneyland Annual Passholder since 2000
    Disney Enthusiast since 1986

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am hoping to return to Disneyland/California Adventure in early 2008, I didn't get to see it all in two days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123