Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss First DLR trip booked! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I finally got my friends to settle on a date, and our first-ever trip to Disneyland has been booked. April 2nd - 6th, 2008. We're staying at the Candy Cane ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

First DLR trip booked!

I finally got my friends to settle on a date, and our first-ever trip to Disneyland has been booked. April 2nd - 6th, 2008. We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn, which claims to be one block away from the parks. I went to Disneyland.com to see if I could find schedules of shows and such, but there's no info available yet for our dates. They do have the park hours available and the fact that Small World will be down for refurb, but no information on events or shows. Does anyone know when they update the calendar?

Also, as I was booking, there were options for adding ground transportation and other local attractions. I didn't select any of them, because I didn't yet have enough information. When I go back to the site and retrieve my reservation, there doesn't seem to be any options to modify it. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add the shuttle service and/or attraction packages if I call DL Guest Relations rather than just go by the website, or can they only be added at the time of booking?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Congrats on booking your first DLR vacation! I can't really answer any of your questions, sorry....but maybe some of the people who are more familiar with DLR and booking will chime in!

I'm in the process of booking our next visit to DLR. So far, I'm leaning towards getting the CityPass that's good for 3 days park hopping for Disneyland Resort, 1 day Universal , 1 day SeaWorld, and 1 day San Diego Zoo from Costco for $217/adult. What sort of tickets did you get? Last time we went we got 5 day park hoppers and only did DLR, so I'm not entirely sure how much we paid since it was an Expedia package.

I've been hearing a lot of people recommend the Candy Cane Inn. May I ask why you chose that hotel?

Here's a great map of the area:
    Bret's Disneyland Lodging LinkMap
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DLR is running a special 5-for-3 right now, so we have five day park hoppers, though I doubt we'll go to just the two Disney parks all five days. I think we'll most likely do a day at Universal, but I'm not sure what else. I have no interest in Sea World or the Zoo because I really don't care for animals at all...

I chose Candy Cane Inn because, like you, I'd heard good reviews, and because it's walking distance to the two parks. I'm *hoping* we can arrange shuttle transportation to/from the airport (hence my original question), because I really hate driving, especially in unfamiliar territory. I don't know yet how we'll get to/from Universal if we decide to go there.

I got so excited that they finally decided on dates (I've been pestering them for about 6 months now...) that I actually completely forgot to look for deals from Expedia or AAA before I booked. Oops. Oh well, it's all good.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Back in July 2004 Super Shuttle was part of our Expedia package to get to/from the airport (Orange County) to our motel, the Park Vue Inn. That worked out well for us. I believe we had a similiar deal with our park hoppers that you got with our Expedia package. Surprisingly, we did spend the entire 5 days at the DLR ...but we went during Independence Day weekend/week.

There are other shuttle companies, but I cannot recall them at the moment...sorry! I wish All Ears had a more comprehensive information on planning a DLR, but I do know they are working on it!

This time, we're looking at renting a car as we want to do more than DLR.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We were planning on a trip to DLR this summer, but it looks like, with gas prices and the distance, we will probably not make it.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You could try PM-ing ru42, he/she lives very near there and is a DL expert. Woth a shot.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    congrats...sounds like tons of fun and im glad you were finally able to make it official!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Mritty we will just miss you. We will be arriving on the 6th.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You will like Candy Cane Inn, it is a lovely boutique hotel. It is walking distance to/from DL but they also offer shuttle service.

There are various modes of transportation available in So. Cal. Candy Cane Inn may very well offer shuttles to Universal, Knotts Berry Farm, etc. You can Google Orange County, California for O.C. public transportation options. Los Angeles County public transportation service is "Capital Metro" aka "Cap Metro". You can take the bus or the train from Anaheim to L.A. Union Station. From there you can catch the subway to Universal. (I lived in Los Angeles 47 years before moving to Texas in 2000 and fly out to visit my family, friends, and Disneyland frequently.)

The new Anaheim Garden Walk is just off Harbor between Candy Cane Inn and the Main Gate. The grand opening is in May but most of the restaurants, shops, etc. are open. Angel Stadium is just a few miles from DL if you like baseball, the O.C. beaches are definitely reachable by bus, taxi, etc.

We'll just miss you as well. We'll be there for a day trip April 12.

Have a magical time!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Thanks for the great info. Only 16 days away!!!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey, mritty! I gave you the wrong name of the metro service for Los Angeles---Cap Metro is Austin, TX's transporation system! Sorry!

It's the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority aka MTA, website is: "mta dot net" (not sure if we are allowed to post links to outside sites here).

Not sure which airport you are flying into but Super Shuttle services Ontario, O.C./John Wayne, and LAX so you can definitely take Super Shuttle to/from Candy Cane Inn. If I fly into O.C. airport and friends or family don't pick up me, I usually take a taxi to whatever Disneyland hotel I stay at. It's only about 9-10 miles from airport to DL.

Just 15 days to go, right?

Have a great trip!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Yup, 15 and counting. After doing a bit of searching and talking with my co-travellers, I think we're each going to be taking the Disneyland Resort Express from LAX. There's a $3 coupon available off MouseEars we'll each print out. We're all arriving at different times (one of us on a different day), so we're thinking it's probably one of our best bets.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I live here in LA and I sorta feel the way a lot of us feel about WDW "what other attractions?" Universal is okay, but it's not that amazing. Other than that, you can do the tourist stuff in LA, like the Chinese Theatre, etc. For most of that you'd really need a rental car (LA is not the friendliest place for public transportation) - also - it's FAR from Disneyland! Unless you are really dying to go to Universal, I'd just stay down in Anaheim.
    It was all started by a mouse!