Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss New Character Initiative? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was in Disneyland today and got into an interesting conversation with a Cast Member. He was asking people if there were any characters they were hoping to see. My ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

New Character Initiative?

I was in Disneyland today and got into an interesting conversation with a Cast Member. He was asking people if there were any characters they were hoping to see. My wife has a laundry list of characters whose appearances in the park are scarce at best. They got into a lengthy conversation and the Cast Member informed her that Disneyland was planning a "New Character Initiative" starting in APRIL. He was vague about what it would mean except that we might be seeing a much wider variety of characters in the Park.

One group he did mention were characters from ROBIN HOOD, hinting that Robin, Little John, Friar Tuck, and the Sheriff of Nottingham may become regular visitors to Disneyland.
    Dreams Never Die!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I was just recently at WDW and was very surprised to see Jiminy Cricket right on main street. I thought he only came out around Earth Day so was very excited to see him. Not sure if they are planning the same thing for WDW, sounds like a good idea though.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!