Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss It's a Small World Changes in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My mother sent this my way this morning and thought I should share it here. My fear is some changes would be coming to the WDW version next but for ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Exclamation It's a Small World Changes

My mother sent this my way this morning and thought I should share it here. My fear is some changes would be coming to the WDW version next but for now... figured I'd put this out in the Disneyland Forum....

Save the Rainforest, Save the Small World
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I am not worried much about the WDW version at least for a few years yet. They just completely refurbed the whole thing in 2005.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I'm disappointed but not surprised. Disney seems bent on the notion that they must infuse movies into every attraction these days. Wonder if
    Alice is do to be released around completion of SSW, it would fit the mindset.

Surprised they didn't have Belle replace the bride in the attic at the HM.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm disappointed but not surprised. Disney seems bent on the notion that they must infuse movies into every attraction these days. Wonder if
    Alice is do to be released around completion of SSW, it would fit the mindset.
    I cannont stand that kind of mentality and conclusion-thinking, because it is simply not true! Lots of Disney attractions already have film tie-ins, but not all of them...and not every attraction is going to get those kinds of tie-ins--WDI KNOWS that they need to have a balance and, IMO, they still do a pretty good job of keeping things 50/50.

Besides, the changes rumored for DL's IaSW are ONLY rumors! For one thing, I can't see them tearing out their rainforest scene--that area is way too small for any other large new scene to go in its place and it'd be a waste of money, since that scene gets hidden by black curtains when they do the Xmas changeover anyway.

Only the Hong Kong Disneyland version of IaSW is going to include Disney characters, as confirmed by HKDL's current ambassador. And if such changes were to ever occur at any of the other IaSW attractions around the world, there's no doubt that they'd keep them to an even more extreme minimum and not mirror HKDL's version.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions and none of us work for WDI and actually know what they are planning and why so all we're doing is guessing essentially. Let's keep that in mind and not put down someone else's thoughts here.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Go JENN! Go JENN! LOL

My opinion is that song is stuck in my head and wont go away, thanks a lot Jenn......LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I cannont stand that kind of mentality and conclusion-thinking, because it is simply not true! Lots of Disney attractions already have film tie-ins, but not all of them...and not every attraction is going to get those kinds of tie-ins--WDI KNOWS that they need to have a balance and, IMO, they still do a pretty good job of keeping things 50/50.

Besides, the changes rumored for DL's IaSW are ONLY rumors! For one thing, I can't see them tearing out their rainforest scene--that area is way too small for any other large new scene to go in its place and it'd be a waste of money, since that scene gets hidden by black curtains when they do the Xmas changeover anyway.

Only the Hong Kong Disneyland version of IaSW is going to include Disney characters, as confirmed by HKDL's current ambassador. And if such changes were to ever occur at any of the other IaSW attractions around the world, there's no doubt that they'd keep them to an even more extreme minimum and not mirror HKDL's version.
    I am sorry that you find it necessary address members mentality in order to express your view. I read the LosAngeles Time article and they are quoting the Imagineering Dept. as their source. It has not been retracted as Disney always demands when major newspapers print incorrect information.
    I personally call it as I see it. Disney has continued to increase the number of attractions that now bring in movie themes into their already established attraction. Living Sea's, Mexico, Capt./Honey I Shrunk Audience, POC, Count Down to Extinction/Dinosaur, Alien/Stitch. Rumors that seem to have some meat are also CoP at WDW along with Cars to both Test Track and Indy and we will have to sit back and wait. Alice seems to be coming to SM at Disneyland by the credible news source.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I just read this. I cannot believe DL is changing IASW to include Disney characters!

Here is the LA Times article: Disneyland is jeered over ride restyling - Los Angeles Times

I read somewhere else that Tomorrowland Speedway will go through chages to include Disney characters, just like Gabe said. It is not confirmed...yet.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

I'm trying to figure out how they can do it to the speedway. Only thing I can think is painting them on the cars?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Here's the article I read...coutresy of WDW News Today:

Rumors are beginning to circulate about the “Indy” name dropping from the Tomorrowland Speedway at the Magic Kingdom. While we cannot confirm this at this time, I did want to share a rumor I have been hearing about the location. Sources have been telling me that before Walt Disney World celebrates it’s 40th Anniversary in 2011, the attraction will undergo a huge refurbishment to add electric cars and new scenery. To quote our source:

“The idea behind this refurbishment would be to make our speedway similar to the Autopia attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland, while also including scenery that tells the story of our Tomorrowland.” (ex. Stitch, Wall-E, Buzz Lightyear, and Monsters Inc. character and theming references)

While this still may be a few years away from happening, keep your eyes peeled for details on any coming changes to Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. Tomorrow looks very promising.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    If it's done like Hong Kong Disneyland's Small World ride, then i'm not worried. I thought it was done very tastefully and cleverly and help give a visual connection to all the nations that are represented in the ride. That said, i'd feel better if it was Disney World's instead of Disneyland's 'cause Disneyland's is the original, Walt's baby, but Disney World's is just a carbon copy (and not as good of one either) so I would prefer it if such changes were put there instead.
    And on a personal note, I've been on that blog. They flip out whenever a light bulb is changed on Main St. >>
    I'm also glad to hear they're changing the Speedway cars to Electric. With our current gas situation it's downright irresponsible to have an attraction that uses gas
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 06-30-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Dumbo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm so upset that Disney would even consider doing this! It seems that all Disney is focusing on these days is marketing everything! IaSW is a CLASSIC. Most people love it! It's a must ride during every visit! Hopefully this will not happen to WDW's version anytime soon, I can't though it was refurbished not too long ago. I wish I worked there so I could make them understand that no one wants this to happen.

But Peter, how do we get to Neverland?
    Fly, of course!

Caribbean Beach - '95
    Fort Wilderness - '02
    Off Site (Tropical Palms) - '03
    Fort Wilderness - '04
    Fort Wilderness - '07
    Fort Wilderness - '08
    Port Orleans French Quarter- '09

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
    It seems that all Disney is focusing on these days is marketing everything!
    Sorry, but I just can't agree with that.

Not everything they do is for that reason. Just about everything they do is still basically for entertainment purposes. And if something becomes a profitable venue, it's just extra icing on the cake.

Most people love it!
    True, but there are a lot of folks out there who despise it as well.

I wish I worked there so I could make them understand that no one wants this to happen.
    The truth is, like with anything, there will always be people who do want to see things like that happen.

Also, I totally agree with Dragonrider that the Disney character additions that they placed in the Hong Kong Disneyland version of IaSW were indeed done in a tasteful, unobtrusive manner and give the attraction a little something extra for some of its riders to enjoy, especially for an attraction that already has so much to see it in it.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really dont like this idea.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    This whole thing makes me think of New Coke. Sometimes the classic is just better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast