Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Effects of Disneyland in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; So I have this school project to do and I need to know some positive "enduring ideas" that Disneyland had on the nation. My rubric says "How did events, actions, ...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Effects of Disneyland

So I have this school project to do and I need to know some positive "enduring ideas" that Disneyland had on the nation. My rubric says "How did events, actions, people of your years comtribute to the future of the nation?" If anyone could help and contribute some ideas that would be marvelous
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

... I also think that this is a good topic to discuss just in general
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well, Walt's original conception of the Disneyland Park was absolute immersion in an idea and he created his ideal family entertainment park for that reason. You walk in the gates and for a period of time, you forget the outside world exists, hence the term immersion. The idea was carried out by minute detail planning and completely "set designing" the whole park to reflect each idea, with smooth transitions between each area so that reality never intrudes, and the whole concept is carried out very subtly. This revolutionized theme parks, whereas they used to be a conglomeration of rides with little though to placement or surroundings, they were now themed areas geared to a specific idea and carried out from the benches, to the trash cans, to the lighting to the "costuming". Theme parks became less of a one day destination and more of a full style vacation so that visitors could spend time enjoying the details. Which brought about the entire theme park destiantion genre. So Walt's little escape from reality became a nationwide industry as others tried to follow his lead into the immersion vacation exprience. Other parks do not do as well as WDW because they forget details like how unattractive overflowing rubbish bins are, how nasty it is to be on vacation and have an employee treat you badly or how disappointing it is to arrive somewhere and their literature does not live up to their reality (said park will remain nameless). Culturally, it changed the way we vacation and our ideals of our vacations-we expect to be entertained, pampered and fed in one location rather then of driving between and shoddy service at best. Vacation destination mentality has changes-thanks to Walt- because the attitude of the park/resort employees has change from them doing us a big favor allowing us to stay, eat, or attend, to one of they are really grateful to have us there. My dad introduced us to Disney culture and generationally we love it my granddad loved it and studied every book he could get on Walt and the nine old men. My dad does the same thing and I am teaching my daughter how to love it. My sisters do the same thing with their kids. Walt also revolutionized animation in cartoons and movies, so he has impacted our major entertainment all the way around, movies, music, and vacations. His original concept for movies, cartoons and parks completely changed the face of those things in America and created a new and high expectation for these things all the way around. This is just my theory, and I hope it helps.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    OH, BTW welcome to the boards.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Oh my God that helps a ton thank you... Now do you have any negative effects? Not just disney inclusive, but from 1955 in general?
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Pretty much, what she said. Here is a link of events that have happened during 1955. 1955 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Also, you might want to do a little more investigation on these events from other, credible sources (History.com is a good one). Hope that helps. And pretty much what Keasmom said about Walt Disney. Now if you really wanna hear the negative garbage about Disney, you can always look up Mickey Mouse Monopoly. I have heard snippets about it, and it just drives me up the wall. I don't know if that would help or if it relates to your question, but if you need something that's negative about Disney, that may be your best shot. Brace yourself for that. Otherwise, support Disney w/ all your darn might! Good luck!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Javalava is offline A-Ticket holder

Disneyland

hey there!
    Im doing a project on Disneyland and could you please tell me some really good things people like about the park?
    I plan on going, cause I've heard really cool things about it, but is it worth it?Thanks!

Everything basically ha ha ha. Just the amount of thought that Walt put in his parks and the idea that they're never finished. He's constantly plussing it. And the story of how Walt came up with the idea during his "daddy day" is a great one.
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

oh thanks!

You're welcome!
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Disney invented the concept of having to walk through a gift-shop when you get off of a ride. I've seen it replicated at Universal and even at Stone Mountain.

But like I'm also doing kind of a project on him, so can you say like what's the park for you guys? I mean.. why is it different from other parks and why is it so succesful?
    thanks a lot!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    It has an atmosphere unrivaled by other parks; clean, wholesome, safe, unique experiences, & the caliber of the employees is unparalled

Ditto
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    wow this bring back memiors. we did a project on we didn't start the fire (as many high schools do) freshman year.

You coud the 1955 verus say,"einstein, james dean, brooklyns got a winning team
    Davy crockett, peter pan, elvis presley, disneyland" those some event that happen in 1955

oh yea and the cold war

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast