Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland Questions for coworker in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Disneyland Questions for coworker . Are we crazy to go in early April 2009?? Is there some source that can predict average attendance and attraction wait times for this time ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Disneyland Questions for coworker

. Are we crazy to go in early April 2009??

Is there some source that can predict average attendance and attraction wait times for this time of year?
    2. Where did you stay when you went?

Any recommendations?

We keep seeing the Howard Johnson as a recommended site and it is reasonably priced and within walking distance to the parks. Do you know anything about this hotel?

3. We are planning on spending 4 days between the two parks. Is that a reasonable amount of time?

How many days do you think we should allot?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie19891992 View Post
    . Are we crazy to go in early April 2009??

Is there some source that can predict average attendance and attraction wait times for this time of year?
    2. Where did you stay when you went?

Any recommendations?

We keep seeing the Howard Johnson as a recommended site and it is reasonably priced and within walking distance to the parks. Do you know anything about this hotel?

3. We are planning on spending 4 days between the two parks. Is that a reasonable amount of time?

How many days do you think we should allot?
    I don't think Lou would mind me posting this but there is a new podcast that I just stumbled upon called the Travelears Podcast and it is dedicated mostly to Disneyland. It's new so they only have a couple episodes but they seemed to be very detailed. It's interesting to me because I know absolutely nothing about Disneyland so it's gets me reved up to want to go visit it. I think their first show is all about lodging in the area. This is their website....The Travelears Podcast I believe you can listen right online if you don't have an i-pod. As far as attendence try looking on ....Disneyland Resort. Hope it helps
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Greetings!

Early April WILL be busy, you are hitting it during the Spring Break time. On the plus side, you are allowing 4 days which will help out a lot. Use FastPass whenever you can for the 'major attraction' and catch shows during the afternoon. The Parks will be busy but you should do ok.

Hotels - the first question is budget. The Disney Hotels are fun but pricey during peak times; like Spring Break. I have found the Travelocity recommendations for hotels surrounding Disneyland to be pretty accurate.

I know some people who regularily use Desert Inn which is right outside the gate. I have stayed at the Ramada; I'd give it a B. I have stayed at the Sheraton which is nice but can be pricey as well.

I would really suggest Travelocity and check them for ratings and pricing. You might also find this link helpful: Anaheim Hotels: write your review - Visions Fantastic

I hope that helps!

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

TheBigD_Podcast is offline A-Ticket holder
    First off thanks to GIOny for suggesting The Travelears Pocast and you are right we did cover this topic basically in episode 001

April is always very busy the closer to Easter and Spring break you are the busier it is. I have not seen any crowd calenders like the Unofficial Guide *ding* to WDW has. Disneyland typically does not get completely crippled like WDW gets in large crowds but wait time will be longer.

as for Hojo it is a ver good option for people going to Disneyland also the CanyCane Inn is another solid option and is about the same walking distance and has a few more conviences close by ( ie 7-11, and food options like Quizino's ).

Hope this helps check out the Podcast I think you will enjoy it.
    Last edited by TheBigD_Podcast; 09-04-2008 at 02:52 PM.

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sorry I stumbled on this late. But, you are probably facing pretty decent size crowds when you want to go. However, you should be able to do both parks in a reasonable amount of time.

My rule of thumb when it comes to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and how long it takes to go through the parks is if you play your cards right, utilize fast pass, check the time board at the hub, and stay at the park from open to close; you can get through it within a day to day and a half for each park. DLR doesn't feel as large as Magic Kingdom. Or, maybe I should say, as spread out.

Usually when Belle and I go now, we stay for three days. One day at DLR, one day at DCA, and hop between the two parks for the last day to catch anything we missed. But with your four days, you should be able to take things at a more leisurely pace.

In terms of hotels nearby, of course one of the Disney Resorts will be nice. But, just do your research. If we can't get one of the Disney Resorts, we prefer an hotel as close to the front entrance as possible so we can walk and come and go when we want. The drawback of the hotels with the shuttles is you need to catch them on their schedule.

Have fun planning your trip and enjoy!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!