Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; YouTube - Haunted Mansion Meets A Nightmare Before Christmas This has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen Disney do at the Holidays. Is this now (i.e. 2008) ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Exclamation Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion

YouTube - Haunted Mansion Meets A Nightmare Before Christmas

This has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen Disney do at the Holidays. Is this now (i.e. 2008) does anyone know?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    They do this every year at Disneyland, it is currently going on.

Disneyland Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

btg_3000 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    do u know if they do it at DW
    Around here, However, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because were curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths...
    - Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't believe it's ever been done at WDW. Been there a few times at the Holidays and have never seen it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    no, they don't do it at WDW. at first they were just going to do it for one year, but after the overwhelming response, they do it every year at DL. it's just my speculation, but I doubt they will ever do it at WDW, it's a great way to lure people out to DL (and is nearly the sole reason I'm going this December).

If we can dream it, we can do it

skittle is offline A-Ticket holder
    My little sister went to Disneyland last year for Christmas and she told me all about it.
    I got really excited thinking that WDW would be the same.
    But I was told otherwise.
    I'm a little sad that WDW doesn't have it but I'm still excited to go lol.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I also agree that they should at least try the Haunted Mansion Holiday at WDW to see how the guests react.

DaisyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    97.7 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    I absolutely love it when the mansion is all Jacked up. It's something I ride 2 or three times each visit from October to New Years.

I have not heard any rumblings of plans for Jack to take over WDW's mansion. Please don't stone me for my brattiness but, I am glad. I love that it is only at my Disneyland. Please don't hate me for saying so, just get out here and ride it with me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." ~Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm personally happy they don't do the holiday overlay of the mansion at WDW, I don't like it.

I'd heard the reason they don't do it here is that WDW gets more one-time guests that will never visit again after their trip. When they come down they want to see the real Haunted Mansion, not some holiday version of a classic attraction. Don't know if that's really the reason why, but its what I've heard.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

I'm personally happy they don't do the holiday overlay of the mansion at WDW, I don't like it.
    Have you seen the Haunted Mansion Holiday?
    Are you a fan of the Nightmare before Christmas?

I see how the the one time visiter theory could be true. A one time visiter could certainly be bummed by missing out on the classic. But Jack's mansion is so much fun. It's such a great holiday treat. I look forward to it every year.
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." ~Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    [quote=DaisyGirl;747573]Have you seen the Haunted Mansion Holiday?
    Are you a fan of the Nightmare before Christmas?[quote]

Yeah, I've seen video of the HMH, but no, I'm no fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't like the movie so that probably has good weight as to why I don't like the layover either.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

As with many attractions, video does not do the Haunted Mansion Holiday justice.

Certainly guests that do not enjoy the movie or it's characters would not be interested in the HMH. If you enjoy the movie at all though, it really is fantastic.