Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Rocket Rods in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I watched a video of this on Youtube and it looks like it was an awesome ride! It replaced the PeopleMover at Disneyland but didn't last long. Did anybody here ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Rocket Rods

I watched a video of this on Youtube and it looks like it was an awesome ride! It replaced the PeopleMover at Disneyland but didn't last long. Did anybody here ever get to ride it??

I've seen a few sites that claim Disneyland may be bringing the Peoplemover back there sometime soon, cloning it after the Tomorrowland Transit Authority at WDW. I've never been to DL, but that peoplemover track looks like it gave a better trip/view than the WDW one. Does anyone that has been to both know how they compare?

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Back in 2000 I was able to ride it, it was a fun ride. As for the view from it, I think it covered more ground than the one in WDW thus giving a slightly better trip.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DaisyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    97.7 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    I rode several times during the short life of the attraction. I liked it. The speed in the straightaways was fun. It was a good 'thrill ride' for those that don't do roller coasters. They could have the fun speed without the drops and slanted turns and such.

It seemed like it was down more then it was running. Issues with the mechanics of it were abundant. It's a shame.

Honestly, I don't recall much about the route. It would be nice to have a people mover style attraction back. Heck, it would be nice to have just about anything done with that track.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." ~Walt Disney

Rico117 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I rode it all of two times and loved it. It went all around tomorrowland. The track is still extremely visible. The issue with it started with the line and ended with the mechanics. What caused it to be so long was the fact you could only fir 6 people in a car and there was no side by side seating. The on ride experience was great and the Que was not half bad but the wait was so long it became a chore.

hopefully we get something new tomorrowland is kind of lacking a little bit.