Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss I'm going to Disneyland!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi guys!!! Thanks for the great information!! I am the one traveling with LORI!! Yipeeee. . . . for those that don't know --- I am her Mom. I am ...
    little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi guys!!! Thanks for the great information!! I am the one traveling with LORI!!
    Yipeeee. . . . for those that don't know --- I am her Mom.

I am trying to get a sense of 'size'. Would DL, DCA and DD more or less 'fit' into say ... EPCOT? I know the parks are smaller... but trying to get a mental picture. or a website with that type of info...

I am also looking for a better map online if anyone can help (or good websites).

If we stay on Harbor (near the the entrance) how far away is that from say Downtown Disney?? If you reply with comparisons to the MK - that would be great....."like walking from Haunted Mansion to BTM" for example...

I have never been to DL either, so any info or tips would be appreciated. Anyone know park hours or crowds for September (Labor Day weekend)?

Thanks in avdance--- I'll be here often.
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Basically during the week Disneyland is dead. There are hardly any guests in the park at all. On weekends it fills up with locals because it is a MUCH more local park than tourist!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

flutter is offline Moderator
    I've been replaced

Ah Tracy, you are irreplaceable......
    Always room for one more. . . . . I am excited to see her in the half marathon!!
    And I am excited to be where Walt walked.....

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Basically during the week Disneyland is dead. There are hardly any guests in the park at all. On weekends it fills up with locals because it is a MUCH more local park than tourist!
    I'm going to have to disagree with that somewhat. My only DLR trips have been in June and July. Although the weekdays were slightly slower than the weekends, it was by no means my idea of "dead."

I would imagine that during other times of year that is true.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by little grammy View Post
    I am trying to get a sense of 'size'. Would DL, DCA and DD more or less 'fit' into say ... EPCOT? I know the parks are smaller... but trying to get a mental picture. or a website with that type of info...
    Well you are talking about 2 theme parks, 3 hotels, parking areas, and a Downtown Disney area within the city limits of Anaheim, CA. So, all of it wouldn't fit into something the size of Epcot.

I am also looking for a better map online if anyone can help (or good websites).
    What maps have you looked at so far? Google image search has several. The one on the official site can be found here:
    Disneyland Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .
    Click on Explore and then Resort Map.

If you are looking for a DLR equivalent website like AllEarsNet is for WDW, I have never found one. Although, AllEarsNet does have DLR information.

If we stay on Harbor (near the the entrance) how far away is that from say Downtown Disney?? If you reply with comparisons to the MK - that would be great....."like walking from Haunted Mansion to BTM" for example...
    Here's the map of the area with all the local motels/hotels:
    Bret's Disneyland Lodging LinkMap

It's hard to give WDW walking distance equivalents. Maybe someone else can help that. From the Park Vue Inn (see map) to the entrance of Downtown Disney, it's longer than the width of the Disneyland Park.

I have never been to DL either, so any info or tips would be appreciated. Anyone know park hours or crowds for September (Labor Day weekend)?

Thanks in avdance--- I'll be here often.
    It's always nice to see new regulars here on DWT. Although, you aren't brand spankin' new...

I'm trying to remember what events take place around that time in DL. I'd have to look it up. Something tells me Bat Day is around that time, but I can't be sure.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 01-24-2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: misread a question
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I've been replaced
    Nope! I still love my roomie! Besides I rather stay with you than mom, but don't tell her that.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Nope! I still love my roomie! Besides I rather stay with you than mom, but don't tell her that.
    OK... DD you know I can read. . . . .

Thanks Amanda for the info. Will I see you in August??

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

OK... DD you know I can read. . . . .

Thanks Amanda for the info. Will I see you in August??
    Welcome Lesa! I sure hope so! Right now my only 2009 trips that are definite are Oklahoma in May and WDW in October. Magic Meets is on my tentative list at the moment along with some other weekend trips.
    Amanda

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Made many more trips to WDW than DL. My first impression was how "quaint" DL is when compared with WDW, then I began to notice the incredible amount of detail poured into the park. Although MK at WDW seems like it was designed to handle more people, I think they got a lot of things right in 1955 that would be very tough to improve on. I agree with slowing down and taking it all in- there's plenty to see.

As for airports, the two best discoveries I made while living in the Los Angeles area were Burbank Airport and John Wayne Airport. Although I would often have to take a connector if I didn't fly through LAX, it was worth it just to stay out of the mayhem.

Of course John Wayne is closer, but if you flew into Burbank, you could drive by the old studio and swing by Hyperion Ave. on your way down!

I know you can do this but have never done it so I'm not sure how it works. If I buy a 5 day hopper and decide I want to add a day how do they charge me? Is it the full price of a 1 day or the difference between the two?

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I know you can do this but have never done it so I'm not sure how it works. If I buy a 5 day hopper and decide I want to add a day how do they charge me? Is it the full price of a 1 day or the difference between the two?

to add to the question:

When do you have to decide you want to add a day? Can you do this as late as the last day of the hopper? remember, we will be at Disneyland not WDW...I am learning "don't assume things are the same at DL as at WDW"
    Last edited by little grammy; 01-26-2009 at 12:07 PM.

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

ctsjon is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: I'm going to Disneyland!!

Orange County (John Wayne) Airport is closest to DL, but landing fees are higher there than at other regional airports. I suggest Long Beach or Ontario airports as the best alternatives. I think LAX is too far, and traffic between LA and Anaheim can be unbearable. Burbank is even further than LAX, but closer to Universal Studios if that's part of your itinerary. Of course, if you want a long, but scenic drive, you could fly into San Diego.

-Jon

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ctsjon View Post
    Orange County (John Wayne) Airport is closest to DL, but landing fees are higher there than at other regional airports. I suggest Long Beach or Ontario airports as the best alternatives. I think LAX is too far, and traffic between LA and Anaheim can be unbearable. Burbank is even further than LAX, but closer to Universal Studios if that's part of your itinerary. Of course, if you want a long, but scenic drive, you could fly into San Diego.
    O_O you said the US WORD!!!! haha... just kidding.

Lucky lori, Have a great trip!!!

Maybe i'll get to DLR someday...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

ctsjon is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    O_O you said the US WORD!!!! haha... just kidding.

Lucky lori, Have a great trip!!!

Maybe i'll get to DLR someday...
    Oops. Forgive me, I'm new here.

-Jon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast