Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Celebrate! A Street Party! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; The new "anti-parade" is now at Disneyland. What do you think of it? Wow... how to say this in a nice way... I, personally, dispise this new street party in ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Exclamation Celebrate! A Street Party!

The new "anti-parade" is now at Disneyland. What do you think of it?

Wow... how to say this in a nice way... I, personally, dispise this new street party in Disneyland. Put it in DCA, sure. A more laid back, party-like park. Compare this to Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams. I feel there is no comparison. A parade that captured all the magic and wonder of disneyland, made you feel welcome, and feel like you were home, made you cry and remember past disneyland.... compared to a "celebration" wth hardly any original, let alone disney music, sure, it's fun sometimes, but I think DL needed the Parade of dreams or at least a real parade as well as this.

What Do you think?
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Celebrate! A Street Party!

I saw it on Friday and we didnt care for it at all. It was very unorganized with three separate stops along the way. While you are waiting for it to stop in front of you, you can see it two hundred feet away. I would rather watch a regular parade. On a seperate note.... I have been to WDW at least once a year for the last ten or more years. This was our first trip to disneyland, and what a disappointment it was. I knew the parks would be smaller but the people who work there are a mess compared to WDW. Even the trams are a disaster. We will stick to WDW from now on!
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have agree with those above me... It's just bad. We were at the point of town square and waited forever for it to arrive down by us. We saw it stop 2 times before it arrived, and when it stopped for us, we got to see one end of a vehicle and the characters when they came down by us for a few seconds. If there was some way I could have left, I would have. Most of the people around me were also looking around to see if there was someway off the island, so to say.
    I think Disney2000 is right, move it to DCA and place it where they do the High School Musical show. Would work there very well.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

It doesn't seem that bad to me.

Learn to enjoy things for what they are, folks.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmytail View Post
    We will stick to WDW from now on!
    I wouldn't judge Disneyland that much on a first visit.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member