Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss 'Magical" surprise at DL... The new fireworks show! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Heading into Tomorrowland via the Monorail tonight, the pilot came over the speakers and told us that this evening they would be showing, for the very first time ever, the ...
    Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

'Magical" surprise at DL... The new fireworks show!

Heading into Tomorrowland via the Monorail tonight, the pilot came over the speakers and told us that this evening they would be showing, for the very first time ever, the new fireworks show, "Magical". So, bailing out on Space Mountain, I started making my way to the Hub and Main Street. My favorite place to watch the fireworks is about one or two buildings from the end of Main Street nearest the Hub.
    I knew that DL was going to get a new fireworks show, and in truth was hoping that it wasn't going to go live till after this trip. I'm a huge fan of "Remember... Dreams Come True", and wanted to see it one last time before it was to go away. No fireworks last night, and I knew the park is closing early tomorrow at nine, so I figured they would not be going up that night. That left tonight and Friday, and I wanted my 50 years!!!!
    For the record, I am so glad I got to see this new show. It was a joy to watch, a delight to experience, and will become a wonderful memory forever.
    More info:
    Official start date: June 12th, 2009 (Today was the 3rd)
    Press Event: June 11th, 2009
    'Magical' is the short name. The official name is long, and only one person in City Hall knew it. They weren't sure if the surprise at the end will happen every night. If it does, I feel for the clean up crew.

It turns out, where I was standing was the ideal spot for the fireworks creators too.

I took this picture just in case I couldn't get to them after the show. My plan was to get a group shot right after and congratulate them on the show. However, right when the show ended, they were moving, and moving fast. I was able to stop two of them, the ones in the black jackets closest to me, and tell them congrats, and that I loved the new show. So, at least I was able to do part of the plan! Here are some more photos of the fireworks. I pretty much held down the shutter and took over 300 pictures of the fireworks. Almost all of them can be found on my flickr set if you want to see the rest... BTW, there was a wonderful surprise at the end of the show, but you will have to scroll down to see it! Also, ignore the hand with a camera in EVERY photo!

Another thing was the lights on the castle. They were changing rapidly to the music. Each section could be a diferent color. I will put several photos below to show this. There is less then a second between the next several shots...

It's too bad that these only show the castle as one color, as it was earlier that each section of the turrets to be different.

The next one was a real treat! The blur in the middle is Dumbo flying! Had I known, I could have changed lenses and been closer... At least I can plan for next time!

So, the surprise I told you about earlier was the cannon that shot Mickey Mouse confetti on to Main Street! The lights were still dimmed, so they came down glowing in the black lights!

Almost everyone, including me, was picking them up to take home!

Her job isn't going to be easy!

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. Like I said, if you want to see more then this, look at my Flickr set. Way to many to post!
    Last edited by Jaxum; 06-04-2009 at 03:28 AM.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: 'Magical" surprise at DL... The new fireworks show!

You took some really great photos, thanks for sharing.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Great photos! It looks cool!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Looks awesome. I wish the Disney worlds magic kingdom could get something like this. I am getting tierd of wishes.

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Should have added this last week when I posted it. I was back a few days later with the camcorder and recorded it! Enjoy!

Part 1
    YouTube - Disneyland's 'Magical' Fireworks - Part 1
    Part 2
    YouTube - Disneyland's 'Magical' Fireworks - Part 2
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10