Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Tokyo Disney question... Need help! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Looks like work is going to send me to Yokosuka and one other site in Japan, and I'm trying to work a few trips into the parks while I am ...
    Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question Tokyo Disney question... Need help!

Looks like work is going to send me to Yokosuka and one other site in Japan, and I'm trying to work a few trips into the parks while I am there! I'm hoping someone in the forums might have an idea of how long it takes for a train ride from Yokosuka to the parks, and when the trains shut down for the night. If anyone out there can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Tokyo Disney question... Need help!

Ok. I just found out that because TDR is owned by a third party, none of the Disney Travel Agencies is able to help me at this time. BOOOOO! However, I was able to find information on what trains to take to get there. Looks like it will take a bit of time, but well worth it. The part that really shocked me was the cost of the cheapest room at the resorts, $500 a night. Sorry, but I will stay at the base, take the train, and save myself about $400 a day. There's a lot of stuff I could bring back for that amount!
    Again, if anyone has any recommendations to give, please post them. Thanks!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

coconut wireles is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Tokyo Disney question... Need help!

When I visited TDR, I went down to Waikiki and sat through a Timeshare presentation so I could get a discount coupon at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay, one of the Good Neighbor Hotels. Most people go in and out via the trains and that's why the parks close at 10pm. Trains shut down between Midnight and 1am.
    Host of the Meandering Mouse Club TV and Trapped in Paradise video podcasts.

Hong Kong and Tokyo Disneyland Resort June 2007, Walt Disney World December 2007, Disneyland (Original Anaheim Kingdom) May 2009, Disneyland Paris Resort October 2008.

Veteran of all 11 global theme parks