Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss World of Color in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by WDW4Ever I honestly think that's going to give anything at WDW a run for it's money. Yeah but it's not competing with WDW. It has to be ...
    Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I honestly think that's going to give anything at WDW a run for it's money.
    Yeah but it's not competing with WDW. It has to be amazing to plus DCA, which is just not up to par with the other 5 domestic Disney parks. It may ultimately be better than other WDW fireworks/light shows but WDW has so much more to offer at each of its parks (as does DL). DCA couldn't just "enhance" what they had like they do at WDW...they really need to start the DCA expansion efforts with something big. To make people see that there is legitimacy in their efforts to improve Disneyland's sister park.

And i say this as someone who doesn't uniformly bash DCA. I thought it was a nice park. But so much of it is just cloned from WDW rides or not properly fleshed out. The expansion looks to be taking things in the right direction. And they needed the big hurrah that WOC has brought them!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I agree, it won't give the entire resort of WDW a run for it's money, but for nighttime entertainment, I don't think WoC will be beat any time soon. Disneyland rivals WDW for it's own reasons. Size is not one of those reasons. DL and WDW may be similar, but they're not the same and they never will be.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I agree, it won't give the entire resort of WDW a run for it's money, but for nighttime entertainment, I don't think WoC will be beat any time soon. Disneyland rivals WDW for it's own reasons. Size is not one of those reasons. DL and WDW may be similar, but they're not the same and they never will be.
    I agree about WoC's value as nighttime entertainment versus WDW. I don't usually get excited about the nighttime entertainment. I don't feel like the time wasted waiting for Fantasmic is not worth the experience. I'm not really big on Fireworks shows. And in the past i feel like the pain of standing waiting and having a lame view of Illuminations was more affecting than the actual show. But WoC is something that i really want to see, so kudos to them for really plussing the nighttime entertainment.

And no, DL and WDW are not the same nor can they be. For so may reasons. But it's better they're not. Each has its own charm. Obviously WDW has more to offer, but Disneyland has more in its kingdom than Florida's Magic Kingdom.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Since I don't see anyone who has been....

This is MUCH better then I expected. Moved Illuminations to a good second and it was my favorite Disney "fireworks" show for years. I actually had tears in my eyes at times (and dampness all around you may get a little damp)

Overall this was great. I read a lot of reviews before I saw it and was amazed at the overall negativity in the Disney community... Tons of whining about "standing" for example. All I can say is did those people watch the show or were they too busy making lists of complaints? Everyone around me seemed to really love it!

GO! It is worth it! The show is amazing, the technology is amazing (puts those "water screens" at Fantasmic in a distant second). As one woman said... "and I used to think the Bellagio Fountains (in Vegas) were good, now they look like a cheap water fountain"

Now let me say that I have seen Fantasmic at DL once. Don't feel the need to bother with that scene again. I don't bother with Fantasmic at WDW either. Sorry, but the "wait" doesn't justify the reward. I am spoiled and I admit it. I don't like crowds or lines... So I had to get there a 8 for a 9 PM show (and I was late, the area opens around 7:30) I was wondering "is it worth it"? All I can say is "I will be back!"

I did the picnic meal. It was honestly the only way I could have gone. I was in Southern California on business and had to work all day. So the picnic worked out great. I got there around 6:45 or so, picked up my meal, ate, wandered around the park and finally made my way into the "standing" area around 8.

wazomike is offline Fastpass Holder

I absolutely loved the show. Visually, it is definitely without a doubt the best show i have ever seen. The only slight complaint I have is the fastpass system to reserve your standing room section seems a little... off. But other than that the show is definitely worth seeing

Ray Anthony is offline A-Ticket holder

beautiful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12