Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss First trip to Disneyland in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I stayed at the Alpine Inn last year and it was equal to a disney world value resort in terms of room size. It was clean and an comfortable and ...
    BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: First trip to Disneyland

I stayed at the Alpine Inn last year and it was equal to a disney world value resort in terms of room size. It was clean and an comfortable and inexpensive. It is a little further of a walk than Candy Cane Inn or a few of the others but it was not a far walk at all. Definitely worth it for what we paid. I cannot imagine paying the price for the Disneyland Resorts with other nice hotels a walk away and so much cheaper. The Alpine actually has a beautiful view of California Adventure as well. I have a review of every Disneyland attraction on the sticky thread in this section. I loved Disneyland. It was like revisiting the Magic Kingdom for the first time.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

ReelBigBear is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: First trip to Disneyland

you definitely lose the charm of Disney when you stay off-site. But, the places across the street are extremely close. They do vary in quality, but a bed is a bed.

I have stayed at Courtyard by Marriot and it is a solid choice. I have also stayed at Candy Cane, which is nice as well but farther from the gates if I remember correctly (they had a shuttle if wanted, but it is was not necessary). There is no major hardship suffered by taking the cheaper "good neighbor" option.

Since you have one day, I would suggest only Disneyland (and, of course if you were looking for a little more you could stroll through Downtown Disney). On a really slow day you can squeeze in some DCA faves like the Aladdin show Tower of terror, Toy Story Mania, and Cali Screamin'. Should there be no Fantasmic that eve take in World of Color.

Having never been to WDW I can't say what will be more worth your while, but as a DLR regular who has recently moved out of state I can tell you that my upcoming, one-crowded-day visit, will be Disneyland only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12