Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Heading to Disneyland Paris for the first time in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am heading to Paris with my friends this May as well and plan to go visit Disneyland. We are considering heading there straight from CDG airport. Charles de Gaulle ...
    Ray Anthony is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Heading to Disneyland Paris for the first time

I am heading to Paris with my friends this May as well and plan to go visit Disneyland. We are considering heading there straight from CDG airport. Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris: transfers is helping us about our way.

I would appreciate suggestions. Thank you.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Enjoy. I was disappointed with their version of the Studios and unless something really grabs you while you're there, you probably won't need more than a day to get through it all. My suggestion is that you try to see every show there. They are all well worth the time and pretty much trump anything they have to offer ride-wise. Plus, their Stitch show is far superior to the awful Crush show here. I even tried sitting through one Stitch in French, since I was there, just to see what it was like.

The Magic Kingdom opened early (8am, I believe) and only a small handful of rides were open. Peter Pan, Pinocchio, the Teacups, probably Snow White (if it had been operating, but it was down while I was there), and maybe one or two others that I cannot remember. There were hardly any people in the parks that early (on my last day, I think I was literally the very first person in and that was not intentional). So unless you're prepared to ride this handful of rides over and over again (which is what I had to do just to kill time), there is no reason to rush in unless the park is going to be crowded).

I did try to take everything in, being my first time there, even watching their Its A Small World on-the-hour presentation. There are lots of small hidden gems (a winding cave that pretty much goes and does nothing, and a hidden Aladdin indoor walk-through storybook, for example). I was annoyed with Alice's Labrynth, and disappointed with Skull Rock. Their Pirates ride is amazing... watch for the use of shadows to suggest action happening around corners and behind sails. In Phantom Manor, watch for the Dreamkeeper's face on a ghost that appears on the left as you're entering the wild west scene. He's the ghost that removes his hat and his head comes with it.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here and I'll happily help you out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

I'm going to be there in May. Its more of a Paris trip, not just Disneyland, so I'm only going to be at the park for one day. Anything that I should absolutely skip?

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12