Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Mini trip report, 5/27/05 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well, spent my Friday at DLR as normal. Just a few comments: 1. Herbie is in the house. Herbie the Love Bug is sitting in the Esplanade with a little ...
    ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland

Mini trip report, 5/27/05

Well, spent my Friday at DLR as normal. Just a few comments:

1. Herbie is in the house. Herbie the Love Bug is sitting in the Esplanade with a little set. Disney is trying to get the movie hype running. I can remember watching Herbie in the Anaheim Stadium Drive In Movie Theater when growing up.

2. Noticed the new narration on the train when an elephant came over the speakers. I think the narration was well done.

3. Okay, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island in 5+ years. So when did they close down Ft Wilderness? That really stinks.

4. Duck Duck Goose! I spent part of the afternoon at DCA and came back to DL around 3:30. There were many characters in front of the flower bed. A few I can recall TweedleDee, Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Aurora, Belle, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Peter Pan, Alice, and I might be missing a couple. They organized a game of Duck, Duck, Goose with many kids. It was fun to watch.

5. The evening Parade time moved from 7:45 to 7:00. This is a bummer because the parade looks great at night. I wonder if this is a permanent change or if Friday was at a special time for some reason.

Park started out busy right at 9:00 but did not escalate - just very busy from the start but never got packed. I think last monday was busier. I had fun as always.

And of course lots of pictures are available for your viewing pleasure. I am working on a few wallpapers but those will come another time.

Pictures can be viewed in my 5/27 album at:
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/vfgallery/album27

I hope you enjoy them.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Actually, I hope that new parade time sticks. That would be good for me. My tour bus leaves at 8pm from the park and that would give me a chance to see some of the parade. Does it start from Main Street?

I am so excited! I will be in Disneyland in 5 days!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Great report and pics. I haven't been to DL since 8/55 when I was only 8 years old.

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Actually, I hope that new parade time sticks. That would be good for me. My tour bus leaves at 8pm from the park and that would give me a chance to see some of the parade. Does it start from Main Street?

I am so excited! I will be in Disneyland in 5 days!!!!
    Fri-Sun the Parade runs twice. The first is at 4:00pm from IaSW to MSUSA. Then the second one begins at 7:45 from MSUSA to IaSW.

The Disneyland site has the Parades back to the 7:45 time - we will have to wait and see if that sticks.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE