Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland Paris Experienced Advice Needed in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Charles De Gualle Airport is about 45 minutes away from DLP and you can get a train right outside the Village into Paris which is about 40 mintues away (it's ...
    Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disneyland Paris Experienced Advice Needed

Charles De Gualle Airport is about 45 minutes away from DLP and you can get a train right outside the Village into Paris which is about 40 mintues away (it's the same station the EuroStar uses if you wanted a trip into London you could do it in a day).

The Disneyland Hotel is wonderful and is situated over the enterence into the Disneyland Park so it is very special but I'm personally a fan of the Sequoia Lodge. It has a beautiful atmosphere and DPL version of Wilderness Lodge.

Most of the Disney hotels are a 15-20 minute walk away and there is a bus service available.

I have spent 5 days in DLP and been able to do both parks comfortably with some breathing time but there have been additions to the parks since my last visit so my timings may be off now. I have also had trips where I've only had 3 days and still been able to pack loads in. I've never attacked DLP like I have WDW, I would say you don't need to attack commando style as DLP gives a lot of freedom as it is smaller and Fast Passes are obtainable easier except for Peter Pans Flight but that is a phenomena that shall never be explained.

As has already been said, this park is beautiful but has a very different feel. There aren't any lines to meet the characters more of a free-for-all. Forming orderly lines for rides, attractions and the characters are nearly unheard of and being very British this annoys me (yes, I realise this is a stereptype but it's true). I find the language barrier the hardest but it's not unworkable my school French extended to sortie = exit, bonjour = hello and merci = thank you and I managed

France can get cold too, so pack a jumper or buy one with the character names all funny. You can also get poncho's in most shops 'cos it does rain...
    Kungaloosh!!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Wow, lots of great tips and information. Thanks everyone!
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Vadania View Post
    The Disneyland Hotel is wonderful and is situated over the enterence into the Disneyland Park so it is very special but I'm personally a fan of the Sequoia Lodge. It has a beautiful atmosphere and DPL version of Wilderness Lodge.

Most of the Disney hotels are a 15-20 minute walk away and there is a bus service available.
    I wanted to try Sequoia but it was booked. Wound up staying at the New York hotel and it was a typical hotel. Very un-Disney, though even the Disneyland hotel wasn't very Disney from the inside.

As for the walk, I think it took me ten minutes, if that, from the New York to the parks. Then again, the Marketplace was deserted and it was raining so I was moving pretty quickly.

When I got off the Eurostar, I dragged my luggage up to the bus counter and hopped on a bus that took me all of two minutes to get to my hotel. Didn't realize at the time that I could have walked, but with the way it was pouring, the bus was a welcome amenity.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Disneyland: A solid three days. There's quite a bit there that is at neither coast that I definitely want to see. And I'm a looker as much as I am a do-er and I do not commando it.

Walt Disney Studios Park: A solid day-and-a-half. To me, it seems as if there's more to see there than there is to do there. I'd definitely spend most of my time looking than doing there.

Resorts: As I said, I'm an explorer and everything there seems quite close to each other. And if I'm going abroad, I'm looking at everything while I'm there. Maybe a day to see all the resorts? I don't know.

How far away from Paris and all the other sights of Paris is Disneyland? I'd like to visit some other places as well.
    Disneyland - Took me less than a day to do the whole park. But it was in November, plus it was rainy and cold. The park was a ghost town, for the most part, and I never waited more than 5 minutes (literally) for a ride. I think Its A Small World had the longest line, and that was probably because of the holiday overlay.

Studios - Simply awful. Nothing runs in the rain. See the shows and it'll help you spend more time in the park. Less than a day will do it for this one.

Resorts - You can cover them all and the Marketplace in less than a day. They are all within walking distance of each other.

Paris - Don't let the name fool you. You are NOT in Paris. Not sure how far it is, but it's not just outside the gates. I'm sure you'll need one of the local trains, which ARE just outside the gates.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I wanted to try Sequoia but it was booked. Wound up staying at the New York hotel and it was a typical hotel. Very un-Disney, though even the Disneyland hotel wasn't very Disney from the inside..
    I found it the same with the New York but the themeing throughout each of the hotels is wonderful and worth a wonder.
    Kungaloosh!!

The theming at the hotels are all beautiful. Well, maybe not at the New York hotel. But the others were beautiful. Definitely worth the walk around that pathetic square pool they try to pass off as a "lagoon" to see them all.

I like the walk along the Rio Grande. The bridge that separates the Sequoia Lodge from the Santa Fe has bats under which are always fun to watch at dusk.

Lake Disney might same small compared to the lagoons at WDW but they feel awfully large when you walk round it back to your hotel after a 12 hour day in the parks!!
    Kungaloosh!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Subscribing to this thread. The wife and I will be touring Europe with some friends in August. We have convinced them to go to DLP for one day (believe me, this was a miracle. most of them don't like Disney, and some are very anti-Disney). We won't be staying in a resort (no way anyone was gonna go for that).

Can a large group take the train from Paris to DLP, see the park, then return to Paris that night? How difficult will this be? To be honest, as long as I see Phantom Manor, I will consider the day to be a resounding success.

Thanks for any tips.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    Subscribing to this thread. The wife and I will be touring Europe with some friends in August. We have convinced them to go to DLP for one day (believe me, this was a miracle. most of them don't like Disney, and some are very anti-Disney). We won't be staying in a resort (no way anyone was gonna go for that).

Can a large group take the train from Paris to DLP, see the park, then return to Paris that night? How difficult will this be? To be honest, as long as I see Phantom Manor, I will consider the day to be a resounding success.

Thanks for any tips.
    It shouldn't be at all difficult. The train station within Disney is right between the Village and Disney Park and faces the Studio's. It's about 40 minutes-ish into Paris and the trains should be running fairly late but I would check the times which I'm sure you'll be able to get online as most European countries have national train times online. You can also e-mail DLP directly from the website and they are really helpful answering any local queries such.
    Kungaloosh!!

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    To be honest, as long as I see Phantom Manor, I will consider the day to be a resounding success.
    Oh! Phantom Manor is an absolute treat!! As soon as you turn right in Frontierland you can see it on the hill. I love how they whole of Frontierland has it's own backstory.
    Kungaloosh!!

Captain_Becky is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all.

Im going to DLP end of May for 3 nights with my friend and goddaughter, who is 2.

Staying at Kyriad to save money. Never been there before. But obviously love WDW.

Im on strict instructions to let my parents know if its worth a visit or not!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Vadania View Post
    It shouldn't be at all difficult. The train station within Disney is right between the Village and Disney Park and faces the Studio's. It's about 40 minutes-ish into Paris and the trains should be running fairly late but I would check the times which I'm sure you'll be able to get online as most European countries have national train times online. You can also e-mail DLP directly from the website and they are really helpful answering any local queries such.
    Thanks very much! Looking forward to it, and especially the Manor!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Becky View Post
    Hi all.

Im going to DLP end of May for 3 nights with my friend and goddaughter, who is 2.

Staying at Kyriad to save money. Never been there before. But obviously love WDW.

Im on strict instructions to let my parents know if its worth a visit or not!
    When I was "trapped" by an ash cloud last year at DLP, I stayed at the Kyriad and liked it. The transportation was on time, and was not crowded. I also picked up the deluxe annual pass, as it was about the same cost as a three day park hopper pass. This allowed me to get in to the Park two hours early and wonder and ride everything in Fantasyland before the Park ever opened!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I'm doing it. I'm going. Not positive on dates yet, however. My Christmas/winter break from school is 12/9-1/9 so it'll probably be somewhere from 12/12-12/17. Prices during the winter are very reasonable as I've found. I'm going with one friend and we won't be staying on property as we want to also go to Paris; somewhere between the two probably.

I'll keep you posted as things get finalized!
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Trouble with the winters will be the weather. It's miserable there in the fall, much less winter. So I would check the internet to see if there is historically bad weather at certain times of the year. Sure it's not a guarantee that your trip will be affected that way too, but it'll give you a guide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast