Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss World of Color in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Has anyone ever done the Dinner Package for World of Color? Is it worth the money? Where is the reserved viewing area? Would I be better off just getting a ...
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

World of Color

Has anyone ever done the Dinner Package for World of Color? Is it worth the money? Where is the reserved viewing area?

Would I be better off just getting a FastPass and watching it that way?
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: World of Color

Yes, we did it and it was well worth it. We chose the picnic option which is much less than the TS options. The FP line was 2 hours long, so the picnic was really a bargain for time and money, plus we got some nice re-usable shopping bags out of it and my DS got a light up bracelet with the kids meal. The FPs and dining options all enter together, so there is no difference in preferential viewing based on what you did or did not spend. Both times we saw the show we were in the front row and loved it.

The Reserved Viewing area is right in front of the show where you can see all the video on the water. Viewing from the Paradise Pier area does not allow you to see all the video. Definitely plan to get preferred viewing, you won't regret it. Oh, and anyone who can watch that whole show without a tear in their eye probably doesn't need to be there.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I just saw World of Color on the 21st of May and it's as spectacular as the first two times I saw it. I haven't done the dining package before but it doesn't seem worth it to me. I've seen World of Color from all three color sections now; Red, Blue, & Yellow. They all offer views that are perfectly fine but this most recent time I saw it from Yellow. I arrived to my color gate about 30 minutes before the show started and had perfect seats. I was at the very front of the very top row and perfectly lined up with Mickey's Fun Wheel.

You'll enjoy the show either way and why spend more money on dining anyway? Basically you're paying for guaranteed seats is what that is.

This is what my view looked like:

The promenade seats about 9,000 people so there's tons of space and ample time to get to your location. I'd wait just outside the color gate and wait until it fills up a little bit before moving into the reserved color section as they tell you to "move all the way down the row"
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

matt4mickey is offline A-Ticket holder

i havet done the dinne pacage i seen world of color 4 times 2 in the blue once in the red and once in the yellow the yellow section is the best and the blue is my favatre one
    welcome to to the hounted manchine

I AM D23 member sice noveber 2011
    [

mouselover4ever is offline A-Ticket holder

Another WoC question, this time regarding viewing first vs. second show. So this might be kinda out there, but my friend I am traveling with in a few weeks brought up the thought that WoC might "look better" at the second show because it might be darker at 10 than at 9. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I looked it up and sunset is at 8:05, so I am figuring it'll be pretty dark by 9.

I understand that the crowds will be less for the second show, and we plan on doing the picnic package, so as far as getting a good spot with the least waiting I understand that the second show would be better. And we would have the added benefit of experiencing a few attractions with shorter lines while the crowds watching the first show are there. However, we are traveling with children who may not make it that late, so I am wondering if there is a benefit to the later show aside from crowds (is it any darker at 10 than 9)?

Just curious if anybody has any thoughts for us to consider.

Thanks!
    happily afflicted with DOCD (Disney Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

It's plenty dark at the 9 showing.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

mouselover4ever is offline A-Ticket holder

thank you, that is what I thought
    happily afflicted with DOCD (Disney Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

When I went, we ate at Ariel's with the World of Color viewing package. They were a little behind in seating us, so we ended up seeing the first show while we ate dinner and then went out and enjoyed the second viewing from the preferred viewing area.
    The food was quite yummy and the show was spectacular. I look forward to doing it again in January.
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ˝ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ˝ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ˝ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ˝ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ˝ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ˝ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

I went this past summer with the FastPass and it was great seats. I wasn't too close to the front, but close enough. I still got drenched. You don't get to sit, but it is worth it. The earlier you go to get your FastPass the easier it is. The place to get the FastPasses are at the FastPass for Grizzly River Run or at least it was for the day I was there. Great show, and I assume the restraunt package is the restraunt that is across from the river. I doubt it wont be as good as you are close like with the FastPass. So that is a personal choice.

chinookarch is offline A-Ticket holder

We did the WOC dinner pkg when it first opened in 2010 and really felt it was worth the money. Of course it was chaos that week and was a good investment. Dh and I are headed down in a couple weeks and he has never seen it. I thought it would be a nice way for him to see the show for the first time