Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss OK, so REALLY how many days needed to do DL? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just got back last month from my first trip to DLR. We had 5 day park hoppers, we went to DCA for a few hours on our arrival day and ...
    mouselover4ever is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: OK, so REALLY how many days needed to do DL?

Just got back last month from my first trip to DLR. We had 5 day park hoppers, we went to DCA for a few hours on our arrival day and to DL on our departure day. We were going to get 3 day passes, but it just didn't cost that much to add on another 2 days and the extra time was definitely needed (at least for us). We had 2 1/2 days at DL and a full day at DCA. We did have 2 children with us and were collecting autographs, waiting in lines for princesses and fairies, and did the Jedi training academy twice so that both children had an opportunity to participate. Plus we rode several rides multiple times. We did see Fantasmic!, WoC, and fireworks (all on separate evenings). While we were not in any way rushed, we did not feel like we had a bunch of extra time. We still missed some shows and attractions for lack of time. That being said, I would not recommend anything less than 3 days. If you are going after Cars Land opens, I would seriously consider adding a day. Especially if you want to enjoy some nice sit down meals sans kiddos. Look at the cost of adding tickets for your arrival and departure day if you don't necessarily want the expense of staying more days in Anaheim, it sure was worth it to us. We used a website called get away today (no spaces dot com) for our whole trip and got really good deals on everything. If you want to do something different while you are in the area, check out Captain Dave's Whale Watching tours in Dana Point. Fabulous experience, and I am one who turns my nose up at doing anything non-Disney related when on a DL or WDW vacation. Have fun planning your trip!
    happily afflicted with DOCD (Disney Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: OK, so REALLY how many days needed to do DL?

I know this is probably answered, but my personal opinion? I think in order to see Disneyland in its entirety. To go on every ride, every show, you would need at least 3 days. For also California Adventure I would say 4-5 days. I have done almost all of Disneyland in one day, but with a disabled person so they would have gone in the faster line. California Adventure is mostly a show park, and you would need to take the one day to plan out how you are going to see shows. But other than that, I would say 4-5 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12