Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland This Saturday in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well, I will hopefully be going to Disneyland next week, and I have been anticipating this since I returned from Connecticut a little over a month ago. I go every ...
    Pirate Stitch is offline A-Ticket holder

Disneyland This Saturday

Well, I will hopefully be going to Disneyland next week, and I have been anticipating this since I returned from Connecticut a little over a month ago. I go every chance I get and learn a ton of things about this park every time I go or find something new. I love learning more about these parks, and want to try and learn more. I hope to report on it when I come back. Need to get my disney blog running again, but I love it.

Have to say my two favorite attractions are Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. My favorite land is New Orleans Square, best place to eat and just take in the jazz culture.

For those who have gone, what are you favorites?

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disneyland This Saturday

I love World of Color! It is the greatest nighttime show on either coast. If you haven't seen it, do. New Orleans Square is my favorite land as well. I recommend the French Market there. The Finding Nemo Submarines are surprisingly excellent to me. Last August was the first time I ever got to do any sub incarnation attraction. I like doing it late late at night.

Also, spend some time wandering the Fire Station and the Main Street Train Station.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

That is actually the one place I havent ever gone, the Fire Station. I have only ever been the Town Hall once, and that was for a lost item. But I have seen World of Color and was AMAZED! I recommend it as well to anyone who has ever gone. I have it as a background on my Ipad. Nemo is good as well, though it is always so long of a wait, but I have gone on twice. Once was only because I have a friend who is handicapped (which makes the line nothing). I have gone to the French Market as well and the food is great. I love the bread bowl. One place I recommend to eat is actually in Downtown Disney. The Jazz Kitchen is GREAT! Their dinner menu is pricey, but I always go during the lunch rush and it is great! They even have an express if you can't stay for too long.

I will probably be eating there is Monday, as I am meeting a friend at Downtown Disney.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I love WOC also, but really enjoy NO Square for atmosphere. I actually loved just hanging out in any part of DL.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

LOVE me some WDW, but also LOVE me some DLR!

Have been only five times, although that covers a very wide swath of time.
    Was first there in '68 at the age of 6, then in '70 and '71, so I remember such, now extinct, attractions like the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and Adventure Through Inner Space.
    Went back in '87 and did Star Tours the first summer it was open. We were last there 23 years later in June of '10 and rode the original Star Tours for the last time just before it closed for refurb.
    When approaching PotC for the first time again the childhood memories came floodin' back. Same thing with HM, so those are pretty much my 2 faves as well.
    Also, really enjoyed Space Mountain, as well, and was able to ride Mr. Toads Wild ride for the first time ever. Loved it. Classic.
    Don't miss The Disney Gallery in Town Square, either!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Those are all indeed awesome, and that is so amazing that you have seen all these things. I started going in '92 so I don't have the same kind of memories obviously, though my mother was born right as they were building the park. The only thing I was alive for obviously was the opening of DCA which I am not a huge fan of, but went a couple months ago and loved what they were doing, despite the park seeming to be a lot smaller because of all the construction they were doing.