Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland Eats & Treats in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi, any help here would be greatly appreciated... I'm going to DL for one day this weekend... any tips on where we should grab a bite to eat? I'm not ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"

Disneyland Eats & Treats

Hi, any help here would be greatly appreciated...
    I'm going to DL for one day this weekend... any tips on where we should grab a bite to eat?
    I'm not sure if I want to spend much time at a sit down place since I'll only have one day there. Also... can a lot of DL be done in one full day?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well...I've never done DL from park opening to park closing. I generally recommend 2 days to see everything. If you will only have 1 day, you should prioritize what you want to see...and probably skip the sit down like you are thinking to maximize your time.

As far as food...we ate at the Blue Bayou, and we're that impressed by it. Here's a menu listing of the entire DLR: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    All you need to remember is CHURRO!!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I was only there one day and I got a lot done. But I was also solo and did not do a sit down restaurant. I ate at the pizza place over in tomorrowland and there was a lot more to choose from than just pizza. But I second the churro recommendation - those things are awesome!!!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the advice! I will definately be grabbing a churro! They rock! I am hoping they may have dole whips there as well.... One can hope...

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I am hoping they may have dole whips there as well.... One can hope...
    Yup, the do! I remember passing the stand over in Adventureland near the Tiki Room. The line was so long I told myself I would come back later. I never did though....ran out of time.

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Disneyland is having extremely busy days lately. The 50th is packing them in. You can get a lot done but you will need to use FastPass wisely.

Are you solo? If so Splash Mtn has single rider - cuts wait time from 150 minutes to 5 and doesn't use up a fastPass slot.

A very short guide:
    Get there before ropse drop.
    Grab FP for Indy
    Ride Jungle Cruise
    Ride Splash Mtn as solo rider
    FP for Indy

Grab FP for Buzz
    Ride Materhorn
    Ride Star Tours
    FP for Buzz

You have now knocked out a huge chunk of the biggest lines. Now you can catch up on the high capacity rides like Tiki, Pirates, and HM. I like Roger Rabbit back in toontown and you can FP that too.

Food...here are a few options:
    Redd Rocket in Tomorrowland has great Pasta/Pizza

Bengal BBQ has great meat/chicken/veggie skewers (my favorite)

By Tiki Room there is a Dolewhip window. The shack has 2 windows, one within the Tiki Room waiting area and one outside. The outside line gets huge and the one on the inside is rarely more then a couple deep. Get your treat from inside. Nothing prevents you from asking a CM to leave afterwards.

The Corn Dogs are tasty. There is a 'Truck' at the end of MainStreet - across from Coke Corner

Turkey Legs can also be found.

Hope that helps!

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

Wow! Thanks so much for all of your help! I'm not going solo, but I'm sure my DH would be glad to hop in the single rider line to avoid a good long wait. I really appreciate the FP & ride order suggestions. Since I don't know what gets really busy there, this will totally help. Thanks!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

I always advocate single rider lines for solo or couples. While on the ride you are not (or should not) be holding a conversation. Trading a 60-90-120 minute wait for a 10 minute wait is a no brainer. You can always talk about the ride afterwards.

We just had a thread on FP and Single Rider at DL and DCA over at the Visions Fantastic boards. You can read it at:
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/phpb...le+rider#25785

RU

Thanks for the site. Luckily, my DH & I have no problem splitting up for SR lines.

I have a question I'm sure you can answer. I know you highly reccomend Fantasmic, but is it different from WDW? I love the show there & would love to see it either way, but if it's the same, & we're pressed for time, we might skip it. Also, do you have to get to the theater an hour before showtime at DLR as well?

By the way, I really appreciate all of your wonderful help & tips for this trip!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'm not RU...

The Fantasmic show in DL is slighty different from the one in MGM. I actually prefer DL's version. One change is there is no seating like MGM, but you basically grab whatever spot you can on the walkway. The show is performed on the Rivers of America in Frontierland. There are dessert packages that give you preferred balcony seating...but I thought they were pricey for just dessert. As far as the show itself, the Pocahontas portion you know is not there. Instead you get a Peter Pan and Captain Hook on the Columbia ship. If there are two performances, go to the later one. The "seating" area does fill up quickly in the Summer.

I'm so excited for you Summer! I wish I was going back to DISNEYLAND!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

thanks so much Queen Amanda! I'm glad you told me about the changes. To be honest, the pocahontas scene is my least favorite at WDW, & I LOVE Peter Pan, so I'm sure this will be a must see for us!
    I'm so excited too! I wish you were all going with me! I'll talk to y'all when I get back!
    Everyone have a great weekend & for the fathers out there... Happy Father's Day!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Are you back?
    How was your trip?

Hey GA Rain! I am back & the trip was wonderful! I'm trying to work on a trip report to put up here, but I've been slammed with work since I got back (figures!) I really appreciated all of the advice & tips! I used them all!!! I used the "inside" line at the tiki room to get my dole whip & enjoy it during the show & I waited a total of 3 minutes to ride Splash Mountain during a 85 minute wait! - That was a little tricky since they didn't have the "SR" line open. You had to go ask a CM about it- again, I was thanking all of you as we were walking up the "out" line to get to the logs! I promise I'll try to post my trip report soon! It really was a BLAST!!!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

I am so glad that you had a great time and that some of my 'sage' advice helped you out. I look forward to reading your trip reports!

RU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast