Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss One Day at DisneyLand - 6/5/05 part 2 in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Well now it was off to Toontown. Grabbed a fastpass for Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin. Then went to Mickey’s house. I was hopping that this late in the day ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

One Day at DisneyLand - 6/5/05 part 2

Well now it was off to Toontown. Grabbed a fastpass for Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin. Then went to Mickey’s house. I was hopping that this late in the day that there would not be much of a line. After wondering all through this house, I came into a back room where they are showing cartoons on a large screen and there is this LONG LINE of kids and family. I backed my way out! Went over to Gadget’s Go Coaster and got in line. I can’t tell you how many times while in line that people were told to get their kids off the rocks and things. Their heads were very close to the bottom of the tracks – why couldn’t these parents see this? It got to where everyone in line would start yelling to parents – I guess their kids were special. They even stopped the coaster until this one kid got off the rocks. Boy, I though that Goofy’s barnstormer was a short ride – well this one is shorter. I got off here and headed back to Roger Rabbit. I passed a very short line to see Pluto and so I jumped in line. I kept looking around for the CM with him so that they could take my picture – there was NO ONE! I asked Pluto if her could take a picture with me self-portrait style and he got a guy in line behind me to take my picture!

Onto Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin. Let us just say that I had to stop myself from spinning on this ride. By now the sun was setting and I grabbed a premium mickey ice cream bar and stood in a very short line for the Matterhorn. What a wild ride this is, lots of fun!!!

By now people were lining up for the parade. It was already past 7pm and I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t to this part of the park already. I was not planning to watch any parades, but since my only other thing I wanted to do was the monorail so that I could see California Adventures was probably not gonna happen, I decided to take it in.

I walked along the parade route and found a place to stand. After about 5-10 minutes, this family came up behind me and shoved their stroller into my legs! How rude! Sure, go ahead and stand here, I have only been waiting…soon the parade started, it seemed to take FOREVER! I wasn’t that impressed. The sun was setting, it was dusk and this parade was not lit up. That and they played to the right side of the route, yup, I was on the left.

Total let down on the whole parade thing, I went to some stores to get some shopping done – no need to try to get in another ride. We were told if we were not back at 10pm on the dot, we would be left. So, shopping it is! I found quite a few penny press machines and got some of those for my niece. Also found the golden mickey ears and all the 50th anniversary merchandise. After spending too much money, I went to get some ears engraved. That was easy. Now off to find where my pictures were from this morning. I had to go back up Mainstreet. The line for this was OUTRAGEOUS! Man, Disneyland really needs to catch up with DisneyWorld and get those photopasses!!! I could have looked at the picture online at home…. oh well, I never got to see my picture; I didn’t want to be left behind.

I really needed some dinner. But the lines at Casey’s for a hot dog were way too long. I kept moving to the front entrance. Saw either Chip or Dale, got some guy to take our picture because again, no CM!!!

Grabbed some popcorn and another bottle of water. Got some pictures of the firehouse with Walt’s apartment above all lit up! I guess I will head back to the parking lot now and catch the fireworks from there.

I did stop at the World of Disney on my walk through Downtown Disney and pressed some more pennies. I spilled popcorn everywhere trying to handle everything. Grabbed the back seat of a tram and I was off. Did catch the fireworks from the parking lot – what a let down again. Am I just spoiled by WDW’s fireworks displays?

Met up with the couple from Australia again and sat and chatted while we waited for our tour bus. Did you know that they call Cotton Candy, Fairy Floss???!!

Grabbed a seat on the tour bus and got comfortable. Turns out, I was the LAST stop on the ride home. I was finally back in my hotel room at midnight. My friends had gone out for the night – saw some semi-famous people (rock stars like Lemmy and Don Dokken if you know who they are!). I crashed in the king bed – don’t wake me for awhile!

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    I am curious, did you have a good time at DLR? The reason I ask is I read more about disappointments then enjoyments. I know sometimes it is easy to focus on the problems (I guess they stick in our minds more or something.) I was just wondering if you felt the day was good or bad overall.

A slight comment about the fireworks. (I know you had timing issues.) This show has to be seen from in the Park. If you were in the Hub you would have been amazed. Remember blows anything away ever done at any park. But the difference is that you really need to be in the Hub area to the full effect. By watching from the outside you miss 40-50% of the show. There are a lot of Castle effects, projections on the Castle and the Matterhorn as well. There is a cannon battle that is very cool. Of course, you didn't see either of Tinker Bell's fligths (yes, twice in 1 show.) And I would assume all you could do was see the fireworks and not hear the show.

(I guess I am writing the fireworks review for any othr DLR guests so they know where to be to get the best experience.)

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I had a GREAT time. Some people were like - you are going alone? But I think that was the best for me to try out this park. I was able to go where I wanted, when I wanted.
    I have heard lots of things about Fantasmic at DLR and I really wish I could have seen that! Watching the fireworks from the parking lot was a bummer, since all we could see were the really high ones. Didn't dissapoint the kid sitting by me though as she ooh'd and aah'd over everything - SO CUTE!!!
    I may have pointed out some of the downfalls more than the up things just because they stood out - the differences between World and Land. You tend to like what you are used to more, you know what I mean?
    I think if I had driven myself to the park (but we had no car), I would have been able to time things better. I got a lot done, but really missed a lot too.
    I was glad I was able to do the Matterhorn - man, that thing really whips you around, doesn't it?!
    I think if I had seen the parade earlier in the day, I would have loved it - the floats were so nice and huge and animated. I am a little over the whole snowglobe thing at the MK.
    I did appreciate the stores, and all the penny press machines in one area - that was cool. Was that only for the 50th or are they always there?
    I loved the churro I had, I loved seeing PUSH and the secret behind him. I wish that I had done a lot more, but with the limits I had - just was not gonna happen.
    All in all - a GREAT trip. I would love to go back, take my family and take my time. Also would love to go to California Adventures as well.

Thank you so much for all your help prior to my trip. I know people thought I was insane when I kept reaching into my backpack and checking off things on your list!!!!
    This was actually the best day of my whole trip to LA!!!!