Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Oh Pooh! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz What is the answer to my question? What is the overhead vs profit between the two? This one? I have no idea. If you have ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Oh Pooh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What is the answer to my question?
    What is the overhead vs profit between the two? This one? I have no idea. If you have researched that approach spill it, why didn't you just include it in your post? Difficult to respond to when I'm clueless to what your point is.

it is indeed easier for a smaller company with far less holdings to focus larger amounts of money on single entities.
    [/QUOTE]

Disney seemed to do it right with Cars, is one way to look at that. Flip side, it supports why Universal Florida is kicking Disney's butt with major investments in its two parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    The Pooh movie got great reviews? You are refering to the 2011 movie correct? I saw it in the theater and I loved it, I thought it was the first Pooh in a long time that actaully had the A. A. Milne feel to it. I'm wondering if we are talking about the same movie.
    I just found the plot very slow moving and the Pooh subplot equally dragged. I found the earlier movie and shorts to be faster and more engaging for children and adults. The AA Milne feel in animation and filming was there and a very different approach to the collection I have and love. Likely why I really hated it, it moved slowly and without much enthusiasm like the others had. Different style certainly and I wasn't a fan.

Yeah, I've been checking around and it seems to have received mostly positive reviews. It has a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That's a pretty hefty rating.

I've seen several reviews that state it's the first Pooh movie in ages that has the old A.A. Milne feel to it.
    I bet if you are a fan of the old style you will enjoy it. Some parents really enjoy quiet type movies for their children that don't overly engage their kids or hype them up, I understand the ratings, 78% of the audience liked it as a children's or family film. I just fell into that 22%, I get restless with anything I'm watching drags.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

To hit some of the high banked turns visible in Adam Roth's recent photo report the coaster will have to attain a reasonably high speed (say 25mph) unless they're looking to risk serious injury to the riders.
    Oh just great, that is what I was afraid of, that they were building another Goofy Coaster, that is the speed of Barnstormer. The inside best be over the top then.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I took some photos from all angles of the connstruction. It would seem that the large brown tracks were almost inserted on purpose to show what sort of attraction it will be. I won't be surprised if they remove it and replace it with the regular track. It's going to be massive in size, from all I have seen.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I took some photos from all angles of the connstruction. It would seem that the large brown tracks were almost inserted on purpose to show what sort of attraction it will be. I won't be surprised if they remove it and replace it with the regular track. It's going to be massive in size, from all I have seen.
    The dimension of the track being massive or the overall square footage of the attraction being Huge?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh just great, that is what I was afraid of, that they were building another Goofy Coaster, that is the speed of Barnstormer. The inside best be over the top then.
    Oh just great!

Space Mountain top speed: 29mph

Big Thunder Mountain top speed: 30mph

Whoopeee!!!!!

Oh just great!

Space Mountain top speed: 29mph

Big Thunder Mountain top speed: 30mph

Whoopeee!!!!!
    Really, you are going to put Dwarf in comparison to Space and Thunder with the drops and turns those two have throughout the experience? The thrill of both Rock'n and and Space is the shock of the coaster going through the dark. Thunder was the illusions built into the ride, falling rocks as an example. Barnstormer was a let down to most beyond kiddies at 25 miles per hour and so short in duration. So yeah, two 25 mile an hour coasters, if it really gets classified as a coasters, in the same Expansion isn't anything to write home about. 25 in the 21st century at best meh.

I am not as easily pacified by a real coaster going slower than ones imagineered 30-40 years ago especially when there is already a kiddie coaster feet away. Since you have been updated on the speeds of this coaster, what percentage of time will Dwarf maintain 25 mph over the duration of the ride or is that just in the few tighter curves? What speed will it go through the mine animation show area?

Disappoint that Goofy mph was the bar Disney set for Dwarf if this is accurate information you supplied. The layout doesn't seem to compare to that of Thunder or Space either.

God I hope I am wrong or the inside is beyond fabulous.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I didn't supply any information. I simply speculated that in order to maintain the proper center of gravity it would have to at least go that fast.

I didn't supply any information. I simply speculated that...
    Super.

Yeah, you might want to work on your reading comprehension.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The dimension of the track being massive or the overall square footage of the attraction being Huge?
    Both. The construction walls span pretty far, so it's going to be a big ride. The large brown track that they've seemingly strategically placed (there isn't any other track that looks like that, from what I've seen) comes across as forced. There is an opening in at least once place along the walls, offering a 'sneak peek' at the construction.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Both. The construction walls span pretty far, so it's going to be a big ride. The large brown track that they've seemingly strategically placed (there isn't any other track that looks like that, from what I've seen) comes across as forced. There is an opening in at least once place along the walls, offering a 'sneak peek' at the construction.

Yeah, I noticed the construction walls square footage when I was there too yet in each direction there is not a whole lot of track in the layout. Most coasters not only go horizontal but vertical overlaps above. Dwarf has very little overlap in its footprint and one tighter 360 circle. I can see the height to one of the hills that is a couple of stories, I guess it depends on how that is engineered, do you climb the hill and slide down the other or is it hit full speed up and down. I am curious to see what happens within the mountain, if it has speed or if it will be similar to splash inside. And yes, that is a weird piece of track, I haven't been able to begin to process what the engineers have planned for that.

If I wind up liking, tolerating or hating Dwarf I admit it has me curious and my attention. I want the details that Disney is not leaking or releasing unlike the rest of Storybook and FLE progress, there it seemed almost daily Disney was walking us through even the smallest of details ad nauseum. Heck there has been an abundance of information about the Rapunzel restrooms. Yet Dwarf not so much.

We heard almost nothing about Test Track throughout all of its refurb. That seems to have turned out just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12