Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Oh Pooh! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Pooh in Fantasyland has been a Meh attraction to me. After seeing this, I feel shortchanged at WDW. I miss this type of Imagineering....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh Pooh!

Pooh in Fantasyland has been a Meh attraction to me. After seeing this, I feel shortchanged at WDW. I miss this type of Imagineering.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Oh Pooh!

Great ride... AND it's track-less.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I'm envious of that version of Pooh. Now that Pooh I'd get a FP for, Disney imagineering for a non-thrill attraction,at its best.

This is the imagineering I was hoping for the Fantasyland expansion.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I like our Pooh.

But, I'm an old school Pooh nerd, so I'm rather biased.

I am a Pooh fan too. I hated the latest Pooh movie though. Still want that hour of my life back.

I find WDW Pooh to be perfectly fine. I find Tokyo's Pooh to be imagineered far and above WDW Pooh. Disney got what it payed for when they reworked Toad to Pooh. Tokyo Pooh demonstrates what Disney can do when they are willingly spend money.

When they cut the budget, you get the WDW version of Pooh. No comparison.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Not necessarily. Tokyo Disney isn't owned by Disney. So the comparisons aren't really fair, IMO.

The Disney company didn't bankroll their Pooh ride.

I still haven't seen the latest Pooh movie, and I'm still discouraged to hear from you, and others, that it wasn't very good. I'm almost afraid to watch it at this point. Seems like the franchise started going downhill after the solid Tigger Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Not necessarily. Tokyo Disney isn't owned by Disney. So the comparisons aren't really fair, IMO.

The Disney company didn't bankroll their Pooh ride.
    True enough, Disney supplied imagineering not the funds so I'll rephrase that. Disney if was willing to bankroll they could have imagineered WDW's Pooh as well as Disney Imagineered Tokyo. Instead they went the cheaper route, reworked Toad to Pooh and settled for the perfectly fine WDW Pooh while Tokyo put in a state of the art trackless Pooh. Better?

That actually sounds worse. Disney won't put in the quality Tokyo Disney is willing to. Ouch.

I still haven't seen the latest Pooh movie, and I'm still discouraged to hear from you, and others, that it wasn't very good. I'm almost afraid to watch it at this point. Seems like the franchise started going downhill after the solid Tigger Movie.
    I saw Pooh right after it was released and before I heard too many reviews. Maybe if I heard all the poor reviews my expectations would not have been so high. Both my DD and I were so restless and praying for the end of time. Maybe I wouldn't have hated it as much as I did if I watched it on my couch with a laptop diversion and paying $2 Redbox.

I enjoyed the shorts but even the last one made much later with Eyeore wasn't as good of a short as the originals. Tigger was a good movie.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-21-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: need to get off my phone and on a laptop

Again, let's try to be fair here, HG. We're talking about Oriental Land Company vs Walt Disney Company.

What is the overhead vs profit between the two? It's one thing to own two theme parks, it's something else to own everything the main company owns and operates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Again, let's try to be fair here, HG. We're talking about Oriental Land Company vs Walt Disney Company.

What is the overhead vs profit between the two? It's one thing to own two theme parks, it's something else to own everything the main company owns and operates.
    Are you saying Disney cannot compete with the type of attractions Oriental Land Company can build?

What is the answer to my question?

Sometimes it is indeed easier for a smaller company with far less holdings to focus larger amounts of money on single entities.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 01-22-2013 at 05:41 AM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm envious of that version of Pooh. Now that Pooh I'd get a FP for, Disney imagineering for a non-thrill attraction,at its best.

This is the imagineering I was hoping for the Fantasyland expansion.
    And instead, we got none of it whatsoever. I was there over the weekend. I honestly walked in, made it to the end, turned around, and walked right the heck out. What a waste of space. And Imagineering. this Mine Train ride thingie better be amazing. Otherwise, it was a lot of downtime and anticipation for pretty much nothing special.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Loren is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I saw Pooh right after it was released and before I heard too many reviews. Maybe if I heard all the poor reviews my expectations would not have been so high. Both my DD and I were so restless and praying for the end of time. Maybe I wouldn't have hated it as much as I did if I watched it on my couch with a laptop diversion and paying $2 Redbox.

I enjoyed the shorts but even the last one made much later with Eyeore wasn't as good of a short as the originals. Tigger was a good movie.
    The Pooh movie got great reviews? You are refering to the 2011 movie correct? I saw it in the theater and I loved it, I thought it was the first Pooh in a long time that actaully had the A. A. Milne feel to it. I'm wondering if we are talking about the same movie.

Yeah, I've been checking around and it seems to have received mostly positive reviews. It has a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That's a pretty hefty rating.

I've seen several reviews that state it's the first Pooh movie in ages that has the old A.A. Milne feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    And instead, we got none of it whatsoever. I was there over the weekend. I honestly walked in, made it to the end, turned around, and walked right the heck out. What a waste of space. And Imagineering. this Mine Train ride thingie better be amazing. Otherwise, it was a lot of downtime and anticipation for pretty much nothing special.
    That is disappointed to hear as I find your bar to be somewhat similar to mine. Dwarf is supposed to be half inside viewing similar to the Mermaid type animatronics at a slower speed, that doesn't leave a great deal of thrills left for coastering outside, especially since there is not great height to most of the track in comparison to a Thunder type attraction which is all coaster speed. Thunder track is also much longer than Dwarf is going to be.

If you lop off half for inside story telling, the load/unload area it isn't leaving a great deal of track for moderate thrill coastering. Overall experience will greatly depend on how well the inside is done. If it is done as well as Tokyo Pooh or inside Splash it should be well received, if it isn't too short and the wait isn't long like Toy Story. But if the inside is similar to Mermaid or WDW Pooh and the ride time is short with long wait times it won't be worth riding often. Jury still out as Disney is not providing overall speeds inside and outside or the length of the attraction. From pictures and videos I'm thinking Cars was a better investment of funds. Time will tell.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.

To hit some of the high banked turns visible in Adam Roth's recent photo report the coaster will have to attain a reasonably high speed (say 25mph) unless they're looking to risk serious injury to the riders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast