Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Fantasmic at DL in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I've read the tip posts on this board, but I still have a question or two about DL's Fantasmic... First off, the balcony seating...this is only for those who pay ...
    sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Fantasmic at DL

I've read the tip posts on this board, but I still have a question or two about DL's Fantasmic...

First off, the balcony seating...this is only for those who pay for the buffet, correct? Or is there a way to reserve seating without paying for food?

Second, if you can't reserve without paying, where is the best place to see the show, and how early does one have to starting site-hunting?

Thanks!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yes, you have to pay to get the balcony seating. If there are 2 showings of Fantasmic that evening, go to the second one and start staking out a spot on the pavement after the first one ends. If you plan on watching the first one or the only one that night, find a spot at least 45 minutes give or take depending on the crowds before the show starts. Fantasmic at the DLR is more "intimate" than in the Hollywood Hills amphitheatre. It takes place on the Rivers of America in Frontierland, so you are literally sitting on the walkway. You may or may not want a blanket to sit on. As for the best place....well depending on how early you stake out your spot, up front and center is nice. However, we did sit up front and got misted quite a bit.

I prefer DL's Fantasmic to WDW's.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Talking Hmm

So, basically, we'll be sitting on the pavement or grass? Do they rent lawnchairs? (Just kidding)

From what I've read, DL's version seems superior, and I love WDW's. I'm not sure that I want to sit on the ground for an hour waiting for it, however...

Thanks again!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    It really is a different kind of show with it not being in an amphitheater. If you can't get front anc center, make sure you get infront of one of the spray screens. We made that mistake our first time seeing the show. So we shifted our position and watched the second one.

I am jealous of you. I really wanted to get to DL this year, but now it doesn't look like we will.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!