Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss HM Holiday Question in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I have heard alot of stuff about haunted mansion holiday, but what exactly makes it different from the normal HM?...
    AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears

HM Holiday Question

I have heard alot of stuff about haunted mansion holiday, but what exactly makes it different from the normal HM?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It contains characters/motifs from TNBC and things are changed to reflect that movie.
    For example, Little Leota is replaced by Sally. It is very popular in DL and TDL. To give you an idea, their DL's HM no longer contains the fastpass except when they install the Holiday layover.

For more information on it, you can visit these sites:
    http://www.betterhaunts.com/nitemare.html
    http://doombuggies.com/holiday.htm

Just from the soundtrack alone, it sounds wonderful. I hope to see it one day.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    well, in perticular, i heard about something "materializing" in your doom buggy. i guessing it was a button or something, but does anyone know what i'm talking about?

theEpiphany is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is no materializing in any doombuggy.

The ride offers "Free Slay Rides" or in later years "Sleigh Rides" and you would board your DB as usual.

The entire mansion is made over with Jack's special skill. This has been a tradition hear at Disneyland for the last 5 years. The original contract for this was for a 5 season run from 2001-2005. After this year the contract with touchstone will have to be renewed (the irony of internal contracts).

The only button I can think of that you're talking about is the creep mode button which Disney has been installing on their omnimover attractions for at least the last 23 years. Spaceship Earth has it, Horizons and World of Motion had it as well. This is not so much an effect, but a safety feature for guests with disabilities, or those needing extra assistance getting into their buggies. This was installed about 2 years ago here at Disneyland.

-D

Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    I have heard alot of stuff about haunted mansion holiday, but what exactly makes it different from the normal HM?
    They do not do this to the HM in WDW...thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    They do not do this to the HM in WDW...thank goodness!
    DD98,

Have you been to Disneyland to see it??? If not, I'd recommend you experience it once before you dismiss it outright. You might be surprise and actually it's a very pleasant surprise. I felt similar about it since Mansion is a classic. that combined with the fact that DL houses the original mansion...it was sort of strange to see such a thing being put in. I have to say, its definitly a nice change of pace for only 4 months out of the year. I wouldnt condone putting it in year round by any means. But something that breaths new ideas and life back into WDI and contracted Disney parties for good Disney attractions isnt a bad thing.

Fact of the matter is, budgeting has been attempted for several years now to bring it to WDW, ironically its fallen short in favor of other projects.

Unfortunately WDW's Mansion in its current state can't house the advanced technology that ours can here at Disneyland. Soundsystems/Speakers as well as Electrical lines and other things need to be updated/replaced projectors for things like Leota and the Singing busts are still on Laserdisc copies of the analog prints which have never been cleaned up (unfortunately it shows).

Fortunately Mansion is getting a much needed makeover and facelift...and is scheduled to bring forth a doombuggy photo-op ala BuzzLightyear/SplashMountain/Test Track etc. Furthermore the Pet Cemetary was originally scheduled to be moved to the left side of the Mansion in favor of a "new construction project".

-D
    Last edited by theEpiphany; 11-09-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theEpiphany
    DD98,

Have you been to Disneyland to see it??? If not, I'd recommend you experience it once before you dismiss it outright. You might be surprise and actually it's a very pleasant surprise.
    No I haven't and I have absolutely no desire to because I cannot stand TNBC...just ask my pal PumpkinJack81! I say to each his own though!!!

Ahhh too bad . You're missin' out. but fair enough. At least it's a previous disinterest in TNBC and not the same bandwagon line of "It's a classic it shouldnt be disturbed".

There's a lot of that out here.

-D

Quote Originally Posted by theEpiphany
    Ahhh too bad . You're missin' out. but fair enough. At least it's a previous disinterest in TNBC and not the same bandwagon line of "It's a classic it shouldnt be disturbed".

There's a lot of that out here.

-D
    Well....I must admit, I am one those here that believes that the classic's shouldn't be disturbed. I'm a creature of habit and not big on change! That being said, that is not my reason for not wanting the TNBC HM transformation.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    No I haven't and I have absolutely no desire to because I cannot stand TNBC...just ask my pal PumpkinJack81! I say to each his own though!!!
    Yeah, Melissa's not the biggest TNBC fan. But at least she likes me despite the fact. I myself would LOVE to see HM Holiday and hope to one of these days.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would love to see a TNBC change to the Haunted Mansion in WDW! My only problem with it would be the fact that I don't get to Disney World as often as I'd like, and I would feel that I would miss seeing the "original" Haunted Mansion, and not knowing when the next time I'd be there to see it would really bother me.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I think it would be neat if they did The Nightmare Before Christmas makeover to the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World. Everyone keeps telling me it's a must see, so it'd be nice if I could head down to my favorite vacation spot and see it
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I would definitely make a special trip to see it. but I heard that DL wasn't doing it anymore, anyway. is this due to the contract thing someone else mentioned in a previous post?

If we can dream it, we can do it

There was a 5 year contract expiration that's currently being renewed. The rumors of it being retired after this year are strictly speculation from overzealous fans who love to get the rumor mill churning. If the contract is renewed (they'd be crazy not to negotiate something) Haunted Mansion Holiday will be getting yet another facelift like it did with the addition of Oogie Boogie and the Hitchhiking Ghost /Lock Shock and Barrel sequences...

-D

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm the biggest NMBC fan on the planet and I want to go to DL next Christmas to go see HMH!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast