Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss What I remember about Disneyland in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; As a kid I grew up in California from 1969 to 1981. One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to go to Disneyland. I remember alot ...
    DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder

What I remember about Disneyland

As a kid I grew up in California from 1969 to 1981. One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to go to Disneyland. I remember alot about the old DL such as there being an Indian village in Frontierland, a mule ride and a train ride through what resembled a old mine. But my two favorite rides were the Carosaul of Progress and Adventure thru Innerspace. I also got to meet LaWanda Page who played Aunt Ester on Sanford and Son. All told I have been to DL a total of 28 times while I lived in California. So I have a question for all of you. What is your fondest memory of Disneyland?

:mickey:
    Last edited by DisneyFreak1963; 10-11-2005 at 08:58 PM. Reason: change misspelled words
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I too grew up in So. Cal. going to DL. One of my first memories was staying the Disneyland Hotel with my grandparents the week my baby brother was born. I was a little under 4 so I don't remember very much. I do remember riding the little boats in the lake and wearing a dog costume to meet Pluto. I have so many other memories from dozens of trips in later years that I wouldn't nowhere to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    I too grew up in So. Cal. going to DL. One of my first memories was staying the Disneyland Hotel with my grandparents the week my baby brother was born. I was a little under 4 so I don't remember very much. I do remember riding the little boats in the lake and wearing a dog costume to meet Pluto. I have so many other memories from dozens of trips in later years that I wouldn't nowhere to start.

Whatever memories that you would like to share please do so. I am all Mouse ears and would love to hear your stories

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, I have only been once and it was earlier this year - so I am not sure this counts in what you were wanting. But one of my best memories of that day was waiting in line to get my picture taken with Pluto. He had no other Cast Member with him and I told him we would have to take a self-portrait with me holding my camera at arms length. He took my camera and pulled some guy who was there with his kids and made him take a picture of me with Pluto! I also got lots of kisses from Woody when I was pressing a penny and he walked by and decided to stop and help me pick which one.

Oh yeah, and sitting in the parking lot with a couple from my tour, watching the fireworks (what we could see) and learning what Australians call a jumper (jacket) and fairy floss (cotton candy)!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

That's exactly the type of stories I want to read and thanks for sharing.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    My memories aren't that old since I went in 2004. I will never forget walking down New Orleans Square for the first time. I LOVED IT! The detail and 2 of my favorite attractions were located there. It's really the best land in all of Disney to me.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Yes I also enjoyed Pirates of the Carriabean. The first time that I rode the ride I was scared as I went through it But then I was only 6 at the time

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I was terrified of both potc and hm as a kid, who am I kidding I was scared until I was like 12. The only parts I would watch were the treasure rooms in potc (sadly missing from wdw) and the ballroom on hm. My younger brother loved them and before he could read I would tell him that the sign at the entrance said that hm and potc were closed. My mom just played along.... I guess she figured it kept the peace. I was so upset when he learned how to read, forced me to get over my fear.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    My one and only visit to Disneyland was while on a cross country driving trip with my family when I was 5 years old.

I remember the storybook boat ride but the highlight was using my mother's camera for the very first time, taking a photo of Goofy in Frontierland.

We were staying with friends of my parents locally and I remember coming back to thier home after the magical day and playing with a little Mickey Mouse figure I got as a souvenier.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Like GARain, my first & only trip was earlier this year. I remember it was very late... the park had already closed, but DH & i were waiting in a very long line to look at our pictures taken earlier that day (They didn't have the photopass thing). The park was pretty much empty, so I left the line to walk to the edge of Main Street. I turned & looked at the castle that was so different from the one I was used to seeing, then turned & looked at the empty street all lit up. My eyes filled with tears. It was then I "realized" this is where Walt had walked, where he planned, where he had given interviews & smiled at all of the children (young & old) enjoying the kingdom he created. I could almost see him walking down that empty street smiling, knowing that there were still thousands enjoying it 50 years later.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Never actually been in Disneyland but when I was about 12 I think, my mom went to California for a convention, she made a side trip to Disneyland. She came back with video tapes of her trip and I watched them alot. Especially the one with Fantasmic in it. ^^

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Going to Disneyland would be walking on sacred ground, since I have never been, but hope to someday

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i was there only once in the summer of '95 with my teen travel...i remember walking up to IASW and just thinking WOW!! i also remember riding on pinoccio bc it's only in DL (i wanted to go on some of the other DL only rides but i didn't get a chance, too many kids wanting to go on too many things). i along with most of you just thought how cool and amazing it was to be where Walt had walked.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    Going to Disneyland would be walking on sacred ground, since I have never been, but hope to someday
    Oh good, I feel less alone.

GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My two favorite rides are and will always be Peter Pan's Flight and the Carosal of Progress. I can't believe they turned the Carousal of Progress into Innovations! Even though it is nice, I get motion sickness when trying to do the computer games inside of Innovations! I still remember the last time I went on the ride. The music is just so great. I'll miss that ride!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast