Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Disneyland <- suggestions wanted! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Make sure you see POTC. To me, it's a lot better than WDW. I also love IASW much better at DL. You're going to love Fantasyland - Mr. Toad's Wild ...
    kebdal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Make sure you see POTC. To me, it's a lot better than WDW. I also love IASW much better at DL.
    You're going to love Fantasyland - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Alice in Wonderland ride, tea-cups with no covering on top!
    And the Matterhorn!

(Can you tell DL is my *home* park?)
    Katie (33) and Elvis (41)
    DS Casey Michael (14)
    DS Tyler Anthony (12)
    DS Adisa Andwele (7)
    DS Jelani Aitan (5)
    DD Due August 25th!

DL: 1982, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, May 2008, Nov 2009
    WDW: 1999, May 2007, ~Oct 2010~

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I went to the blue bayou restaurant when I was very little and my parents said the food wasnt that great but of course i cant remember, what have you heard about it?
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

why is potc better at dL? i better leave this topic b/c i havent been to wdw yet and we are going this summer and you guys saying DL is better is kinda a downer.........so ttyl
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I wouldn't say that the DL version of Pirates is better than WDW....it's a bit longer and has a different beginning. Also, I think there are 2 drops in the DL version compared to 1 in WDW. To me, though, the main difference is that the two POTCs look different on the outside.

The Blue Bayou restaurant is built into the DL POTC...therefore the different beginning. If you are lucky, you can get a table by the riverside, where the POTC boats go floating by. It is essential to get an early reservation, it's usually full by 2 PM.

I found the food in Blue Bayou to be very good, if you are into New Orleans/Cajun cuisine. Of course, being a Yankee, I don't have much to compare it to.....
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

oh Okay I understand. Thanks for clarifying...I don't remember 2 drops in POTC DL though. I will prolly go again for grad "day".
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I personally think the DL version is significantly better. There are a lot more scenes in it and the story flows a little better. I too have been to the Blue Bayou. You have to go! The food is pretty good, not great but good. The atmosphere is fantastic. I love watching the boats go by. Plus its one of only a handful of sit down restaurants at DL. Try the Mint julep. It's really good.

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    I would have to agree, DL version edges out WDW. Not by huge amounts but I do think it is better. As far as the queue goes, WDW is much much better.

The Blue Bayou is a mediocer restaurant with an exceptional setting. The atmosphere makes up for the medium food. It is not bad, it just isn't 5 star dining.

Just a note for the original creator of this thread: PotC and Blue Bayou will be closed at the time of your visit.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    It's always a laugh to sail by the patrons of the Blue Bayou and stage whisper to your fellow passengers; commenting on how "life-like" the diners are.

Asking for Grey Poupon is another goodie if someone is silly enough to make eye contact with you.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

yeah I realized that and I am bummed out but oh well, c'est la vie.
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

bustamoo is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

You may consider eating at another place other than the Blue Bayou. At the time of your arrival it will be closed due to new features being added to the Pirates attraction which is scheduled to reopen in mid July. I'm from San Diego, and to see the zoo is quite an undertaking. It's pretty big, but in the short time that you'll be out here, I'd suggest spending it at the Disneyland resort. I've been to WDW and I often go to Disneyland just as you visit WDW often and I must say that, keep in mind, Disneyland is on a smaller scale than it's counterpart in Florida. So if you're looking for new things to discover, it's always best to pace yourself. Especially if you know what attractions or entertainment events you'll be interested in. But do keep in mind there will be all sorts of things going on. They are still celebrating Disneyland's 50th anniversary, so I'd check out "Disneyland, The First 50 Years" on Main Street. You'll see just how much has changed and what's to come. Also, since it has been awhile for you, I think it would be a way great to reminisce about the past by visiting some of the same attractions and see just how much they differ by comparison. You'll still love them, but you'll see which ones you'll like more too. Trust me, you'll notice all of the little details on each attraction. Don't forget the Hotels either. There are plenty of little nooks and crannies around there to explore. Especially at the Grand Californian. It's like the Wilderness Lodge, but on a smaller scale. It's fun to explore though.

Well, I hope this helped. I hope you have a wonderful time out here in Southern California. Take Care :o)

bustamoo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by fancythemouse
    why is potc better at dL? i better leave this topic b/c i havent been to wdw yet and we are going this summer and you guys saying DL is better is kinda a downer.........so ttyl

It's better because it's longer and the mood of the attractions is set in a dark bayou with creeks and rivers. The counterpart in Florida starts you off in a cave and the ride itself is much shorter.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Thanks for all the suggestions! My trip is booked!

However, PoTc is gonna be closed when we are there due to the remodel. I'll survive though. I'm not that worried about it.

I'm going May 4th-8th, 2006. I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm excited! We got the disney dinning plan because it was really cheap.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Congratulations!

If you would like some Disney related stuff I would sugest:
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com

It is the best on the web, and I am not just saying that because I am an Admin - ok, maybe I am but there is still lots of great Disneyland information.

And if there is anything I can do to help, please ask away.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ru, excellent site, I'll check it out (after I'm done on this site, of course, Lou!!)
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

captainaustrail is offline A-Ticket holder
    Evil person. There is no submarine ride at Disneyland currently... and the one "we" had had contemporary (1959) submarines, not the 20,000 leagues version they have (had?) at WDW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast