Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Dapper Dans got their official notice that is required by the collective bargaining agreement from the Entertainment ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th

Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dapper Dans got their official notice that is required by the collective bargaining agreement from the Entertainment Department that they are being terminated.

It is a major shame that these guys are getting the boot, so here is a chance to make sure and check them out one last time (or more than once, since you have about a month.)

They have been terminated before, and then brought back, so hopefully this is just a tactic to keep the salaries down.

WHAT?!?! That is terrible!!!!! I hope that it is only a bargaining tactic! The street preformers make the magic I would hate to see them go!!!!!!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Honestly....so stupid to rid us of these amazing voices. I'll throw my 2 cents to the company!!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Received a phone message from Mandy earlier while her and Paul were at the MK. Paul was actually talking to the members of the Dapper Dans and they informed him that it's the Dapper Dans at Disneyland and NOT WDW that are going to be leaving. As of right now the Dapper Dans are and will be appearing at WDW!!! Paul wanted Mandy to call right away so I could post the news!!!! Thanks Paul and Mandy for the update!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Wow! That's great for us, too bad for Disneyland though.
    Maggie

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Did i put this under the DisneyWorld threads instead of Disneyland.
    Last edited by Kellie19891992; 03-12-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: editing text

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Whew...it really is a shame for DL, but thank the maker that the Dapper Dans still live on in WDW!!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Well let me update that even more...The Dapper Dans at Disneyland are not technically leaving...they are just being recasted. There is a barbershop quartet website that has a registration form should anyone be interested. The website is www.barbershop.org and there there is a clicky thing that says "do you want to be a dapper dan". So there is the clarification, they are not leaving for good, just being recasted.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    Well let me update that even more...The Dapper Dans at Disneyland are not technically leaving...they are just being recasted. There is a barbershop quartet website that has a registration form should anyone be interested. The website is www.barbershop.org and there there is a clicky thing that says "do you want to be a dapper dan". So there is the clarification, they are not leaving for good, just being recasted.

Thanks for the clarification Paul! To be perfectly honest...I didn't even notice that the original post was under Disneyland! I just saw the title and freaked out!