Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disneyland and Other Disney Parks Discuss Haunted Mansion ride & story being changed!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; i was reading on another Disney based site that Disneyland will be changing the Haunted mansion ride and the story that goes with it; So no more 'master gracey'. How ...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs down Haunted Mansion ride & story being changed!!!

i was reading on another Disney based site that Disneyland will be changing the Haunted mansion ride and the story that goes with it; So no more 'master gracey'. How can you do that??? it's a classic!!!

here's the website:
    http://miceage.com/allutz/al022806b.htm
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I hope they bring the changes to florida too. For such an old classic, all they can do now is make it better, I just hope they do.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    I absolutley hate that
    it is a great attraction in itself
    and they don't need to add anything to make it better
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    If you can take what Al Putz oops, sorry Lutz says as truth, it sounds like just an update in technology with a tweak to the storyline
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Im not very fond of that change, but whatever they do, the plot cant change for WDW. There is something to be said about changing one of them, but both would b horrible. This way there is a draw to bring people to both parks to experience something different, but it just wouldnt b right to get rid of the whole plot as it was.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces
    Im not very fond of that change, but whatever they do, the plot cant change for WDW. There is something to be said about changing one of them, but both would b horrible. This way there is a draw to bring people to both parks to experience something different, but it just wouldnt b right to get rid of the whole plot as it was.
    rightly so...but me being a so. californian I'd rather have the storyline in WDW change...jmho
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it can't hurt. As much as I love the HM, it's been looking very tired, and if a change in storyline is what it takes to get a good fix-up - that's a trade I'm willing to make!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well, since there's no "real" storyline, I don't mind one being put in place so much. The upgraded technology sounds really cool too!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    why cant they just leave rides alone first Pirates now my favorite ride WHY!!!

(gets picket signs for strike ready)
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You know these complaints make me REALLY sick of the word "Classic." I just read the article and the concept actually sounds REALLY COOL! Isn't most of the "story" unofficial anyway? So what does it matter if it's chaged? It doesn't seem as though all that much has been altered. I like this new idea and I can't wait to see this. If there is one thing I must complain about, is that despite the new darker and updated approach, no one there STILL has thought to use the Phantom Manor music and it baffles me as to why. It's beautiful music and shouldn't be limited to a park that hardly gets any visitors.
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 03-12-2006 at 08:49 PM.

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    I have now come to enjoy the new changes. You always have to look at the bright side. eventhough we all like the classic, you always need to have change. as long as these changes are good I will enjoy it(SGE hint hint)
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces
    Good thoughts. I personally DO like the idea of these changes, but think it would be best if it was left unaltered somewhere. That's one of the ups to having more than one park.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Being as I've never been to Disneyland, I don't really have much of an opinion. but should the changes there be brought over to the east coast, then... well... I still really don't have much of an opinion. The new effects sound cool, and i'd love to see them. but at the same time, I'd really miss the pseudo-storyline we have now with master gracey and all that jazz... But i suppose it would make it better for first time visitors. I remember when I brought my first-time friend on it with me a few months back. he wasn't impressed at all. He said he expected more coming from disney. So... i guess the changes could be a good thing.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Ummm..yeah I did hear this one too. what i have heard is that the changes will affect mostly the attic scene and the storyline will change somewhat to Master Gracey's Fiancee based. There is going to be more story of her and her lost loves...you will see the other loves. Also...I have heard...*cough*cough*...madame leota's head will actally float inside the crystal ball, and the ball around the room!!!(still need more research to clarify more for ya'll.)

Hope this helps.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    Also...I have heard...*cough*cough*...madame leota's head will actally float inside the crystal ball, and the ball around the room!!!
    Hope this helps.
    I heard that too, but I don't think that was the same rumor. I heard about that change being slated for the WDW HM, but i guess it would only make sense that if it was going into effect here, that it would probably be used over in CA if they are adding effects to that part of the ride over there too. Wish I could remember where i heard that. It wasn't a Mousetunes thing, was it?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast