Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Marathon training in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I went to DONALDS house today. I was able to run the first 3 miles and then mixed in some power walking and running. By mile 8 I could only ...
    cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I went to DONALDS house today. I was able to run the first 3 miles and then mixed in some power walking and running. By mile 8 I could only power walk. I wanted to see how I would do. I did it in 2:50. How is everyone else doing?
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great Job!!!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

MaryJ76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rae! View Post
    We do too Mike. Gnc brand ,active for women and sport for men. I also take for the knees it is called Zyflamend. It helps with inflamation in the joints. I will sware by it.I do not have to take celebrex anymore.

I keep track of my heart.I have a Garmin that does that then I download it and take it to the doctors. I have healthy heart.My doctor's are supporting me with training.I keep a food dairy,and all. I don;t go every week Once every 6 months.Unless I get hurt I go sooner.
    I am up to 12.39 miles.
    Hi. I'm new here, but interested in trying th Zyflamend. I've had knee trouble for a while, but the celebrex took care of it. I have signed up for the half, but it will be a while before I can do any real training. I went to see the doctor about my knee, and it seems I have runner's knee. Together with the fact that I'm 50+ and have never done anything like this before, I need to do some PT to correct the problem with the knee. Until then, the doctor said absolutely no running. I can walk though, so I guess I'll just start there. The doctor I am seeing is a chiropractor who specializes in Active Release Therapy. He said about 20% of his practice is sports related, and in the past he worked wonders with my shoulder, so I expect good things here too.

I look forward to any advice that people here can give me. I am doing this in part because of Lou's podcast.

Welcome to the boards and the team (if you want to be?) MaryJ76!!! We're glad you're here!
    - Matt

Being sick really puts a damper on training!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJ76 View Post
    Hi. I'm new here, but interested in trying th Zyflamend. I've had knee trouble for a while, but the celebrex took care of it. I have signed up for the half, but it will be a while before I can do any real training. I went to see the doctor about my knee, and it seems I have runner's knee. Together with the fact that I'm 50+ and have never done anything like this before, I need to do some PT to correct the problem with the knee. Until then, the doctor said absolutely no running. I can walk though, so I guess I'll just start there. The doctor I am seeing is a chiropractor who specializes in Active Release Therapy. He said about 20% of his practice is sports related, and in the past he worked wonders with my shoulder, so I expect good things here too.

I look forward to any advice that people here can give me. I am doing this in part because of Lou's podcast.
    Hi and welcome to the boards.

My husband had radical ACL surgery after a bad encounter with 3rd base during a softball game. He needed to have a completely new ACL installed in his knee.
    Ugly rehab. Tread mills were way off limits, we've heard many ortho's and PT's talk about the damage TM's do to knee's. What was recommended and seems to work well for both my DH and my older knee's is an Elliptical Trainer. You get the arm and leg work out plus the obvious cardio. Might want to try one out in your local rec center. They are so popular at our rec center, far more than the tread mills that we purchased our own. No more waiting or excuses.

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I haven't been here in a while.Great job Mike!!!! I plan on visiting Donald this Saturday. I did 8.1 miles yesterday in 2:02:00.I have to watch traffic.

Lori feel better,and Mary welcome and I am not running this race.I haven't ran any of the races I have done,I have walked all of them. My ortho doctor forbids me from running,but I am hard headed and I have jogged a little,but speed walking,is they way to go with bad knees. I use the ellipictal for cardio training,stay off the treadmill.Really they do more damage than good. Team Voice is a support group for us Disney people for the races. My main forum is All About The Mouse, it's in the forums under Team Voice.
    So what is your plan for miles??
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Zyflamend is a great alternative to the script from the doctor.It won't interfer with meds that you take on a regular basis. And it is all natural.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

Rae awesome job on the miles. Hows the hand doing?

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

MaryJ76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rae! View Post
    I haven't been here in a while.Great job Mike!!!! I plan on visiting Donald this Saturday. I did 8.1 miles yesterday in 2:02:00.I have to watch traffic.

Lori feel better,and Mary welcome and I am not running this race.I haven't ran any of the races I have done,I have walked all of them. My ortho doctor forbids me from running,but I am hard headed and I have jogged a little,but speed walking,is they way to go with bad knees. I use the ellipictal for cardio training,stay off the treadmill.Really they do more damage than good. Team Voice is a support group for us Disney people for the races. My main forum is All About The Mouse, it's in the forums under Team Voice.
    So what is your plan for miles??
    So I shouldn't even use the treadmill for walking? We have one of those in our house. If I want to use an elliptical I will have to join an gym.

Haha, my grandmother bought a dreadmill several years ago. She put it in her laundry room and she used it everyday... for about 3 weeks. Now it's just a glorified coat rack.

Totally irrelevant but I found it funny.
    - Matt

Well I have completed the challenge for this month. I bought an elliptical from Wal-Mart last night. I needed something to train with when I can not run because I have to watch my 18month old. I plan on using it while she naps. I used it last night and I love this thing. How is everyone else doing? Lori are you feeling better? Matt hows the weather? Are you guys ok? Rae how is the hand doing? I see you are out there again tearing it up on the road. Hope all is well.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Everything is pretty good here. The weather is beautiful now (clear skies, 64 degrees; thought I'd rub it in a little haha) although the ground is still satuarted.
    Congrats on making the challenge! I don't think that I will quite make it since I'm only at 37 miles for the month.
    - Matt

I am feeling better. Thanks for asking. Hopefully I can get caught up on training this week. I did get outside for a little walk today. Only about a mile. Still a little chilly for my liking. The sun is deceiving!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Everything is pretty good here. The weather is beautiful now (clear skies, 64 degrees; thought I'd rub it in a little haha) although the ground is still satuarted.
    Congrats on making the challenge! I don't think that I will quite make it since I'm only at 37 miles for the month.

Matt I know you can. I remember you saying this last month. And we all know what happened.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast