Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Marathon training in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My suggestion is to ask your doctor to have a foot print done. It is kinda like getting finger printed. It will show how your foot lands when you walk. ...
    cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My suggestion is to ask your doctor to have a foot print done. It is kinda like getting finger printed. It will show how your foot lands when you walk. I had it done and it was pretty eye opening. Also I would recommend going to a running store that records you running on a treadmill to see how your feet land. They should be able to point you in the right direction towards the right shoe and support. These are the things I did and am starting to see and feel the results. Also when I was 20 I did not need anything like this either. Now I am 28 and am starting to feel the effects. Matt hope this helps a little. GO TEAM VOICE! Main street awaits.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Update time: I have been running 1.1 miles and then walk the same 1.1 miles. I have been able to run a 10min 43sec mile consistantly, but when I walk I go up to an average of 15 min. miles. I was able today to run a small part of my walk and got my average down to 13 min. mile. I am hoping to do this all next week and just keep adding to the times I run during my walk. Besides that I do not feel like I am losing any weight. If anyone has any suggestions on a runners diets I am all ears. Know that I am 5'11" and 240lbs. I'm a short big boy. Thats all for now GO TEAM VOICE!

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I guess I'll update everyone:
    I have done really well as far as ''running" goes. I was able to maintain my 3 mile powerwalking and I was able to increase my jogging to a full mile (I guess walking an average of 13 miles a day at WDW did more than I thought!) However, My diet has gone down the tube. Well, it is Christmas, and I live in the South, and I'm Baptist (We baptist's LOVE to eat, especially southern food at Christmas, lol). So hopefully I won't totally blow it this next week (I will, I said the same thing last week, and the week before)

I have also been wanting to find out more about runner's diets. Mostly all I can find are "muscle building" diets. That maybe what we need, but I don't know. We need to ask Scopa, since he's on Team Voice.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Have a Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you get everything that you asked for.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Quote Originally Posted by cp1999 View Post
    Have a Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you get everything that you asked for.
    Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and everybody! I got alot that I didn't ask for (a grand total of 15 gained pounds for this Christmas season).

Oh well, diet starts and training continues tommorow.

Again, Merry Christmas and GO TEAM VOICE!!!
    - Matt

Mongello everyone! Update time. I went running today.(duh I know) and I was able to get my first mile down from 10min. 43 sec. to 10min. 10sec! I also was able to run just about 3/4 of the way on my second mile to get an average of 11min miles. Thats down from 13min miles! Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to run the full 2.2 miles then add on another 1.1 miles.(walking of course) I will not post again till this friday or saturday. I am taking my family down to Disney. I will be flying and my mother and stepfather are driving. Since I want to take my laptop down I will be giving it to my mom so I do not have to bring it on the plane with me. Since I am a DVC member and will be staying at SSR I can use the gym for free. Plus I get internet for free since I am staying on points so I will post how things go when I am there. So have a happy new year everone and Matt have not heard from you. How has the training going. Thats all for now. GO TEAM VOICE. "Many goals One voice"

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

I haven't done to well as far as training goes this week. This crazy Mississippi weather (Very hot one day, then cold and rainy the next) has made my sinuses go nuts! So, when it hasn't been raining, I've been sticking to my 3 miles but no jogging. My diet on the other hand has been going pretty well. So far, I have lost 3 lbs.

Mike- I just sent you a very late Trip Report PM. Also, GREAT JOB on your training. You are definatley doing better than I am. Keep up the good work!
    - Matt

ScooterDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey everyone. And believe me Matt I understand you talking about the weather. Im a neighbor from Arkansas and the weather is the same here. Im no where close to running in the marathon, but I am competing in the 5k Race at AK on Friday Jan 11. Im really looking forward to the race. Im looking to beat my best time of 35:29. I realize thats not fast, but considering I could barely walk a quarter mile last Jan 3rd, im really looking forward to it. Good Luck and see you guys down there.

I Be loving me some Disney

Mongello scooterdisney. Good luck at the race!
    Last edited by cp1999; 01-07-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

I DESPISE the weather here in the South. I'm conviced the Government controls it (based on how screwed up it is) and is getting us back for that whole Civil War thing! Ok, now that I'm off my conspiracy theory tirade, it's update time. I have done very well this week in all areas. I have stuck to my usual 3 mile powerwalk with 1/2 mile jog, but I have added a brisk 1mile walk before i start. I start going to the gym on Monday (along with school...yuck)
    I have also put myself on a training schedule, with my cardio on Monday, Wed, and Friday; and the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
    - Matt

Matt that is awesome to hear! I am running 2 miles a day @ WDW.(I am getting up @ 5:30am everyday) at On top of all the walking I have been doing. The gym here at SSR is awesome. Very nice equiptment. Plus I have been able to control myself when it comes to food. As for weather it has not gone below 70 so far. Hope everyone had a good new years and GO TEAM VOICE!

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

Your doing better than I would in your situation. I wouldn't give a "Mouse's" fanny about training while I was at WDW. And forget about food control! That just shows how dedicated you are. How is your trip going so far?

Today, went fairly well... until a bus load of mean-looking inmates showed up at the park to clean it. So, I sort of cut my cardio session short today, though I did get in a mile of walking and my jogging in. I start the gym tomorrow, though I'm sure it's not like the one at SSE (can you tell I'm jealous?).
    - Matt

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi all I am glad to see that everyone is doing great!!! The weather here is hard to train in but when you get use to it you don't notice. I know during the summer the hottest parts of the year I end up in the gym on the dreadmill,even in the early morning hours it's too much. Well i am up to 13 miles in speed walking. Today I add on another 1/2 mile and I will be at 3.5 miles.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    CP1999 you are here in fl???? awesome!!! I will be up early Saturday morning to be there just before the race.I want to see the race to start and then head over to see everyone come through the castle.Then later head over and be at Lou's meet.And the AATM/Team Voice dinner/meet at 4 at Liberty Tree. then of course Yeha Bob's. I will have on my AATM shirt, so will E.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

rae- Hope you all have a great time at the marathon and the meets. I can't wait until next year. That will be my first Disney Meet!
    - Matt

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast