Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2009 WDWRadio Marathon Team in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Welcome to our new members!!!...
    Welcome to our new members!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    OK, I feel real stupid. I know what the half and full is (13 and 26 miles), but what is the Goofy and Minnie?
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome Ray (or shall I call you head Grump )

Great question!!!

Of course you are correct on the Marathon and the Half Marathon.

When a runner signs up for the Goofy Challenge event at the WDW Marathon Weekend, they run the Half Marathon (13 mi.) on Saturday and the Full Marathon on Sunday. Those who complete the Challenge receive medals and certificates for each of the events as well as one for completing the Goofy.

The Minnie is a separate weekend. The 2008 Minnie Marathon Weekend is being held May 2-4.

"Disney's Minnie Marathon Weekend presented by Lady Foot Locker is a Women's Endurance Event at the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort. With a 15K, a 5K and Kids' Races Disney's Minnie Marathon Weekend presented by Lady Foot Locker truly has something for everyone and every fitness level."

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.ˇ´¸.ˇ*´¨) ¸.ˇ*¨)
    (¸.ˇ´ (¸.ˇ´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    MickeyBabe,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. All I have to say is that I tip my hat to anyone who does the Goofy. To run 39 miles in 2 days is nothing to sneeze at.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    OK, I feel real stupid. I know what the half and full is (13 and 26 miles), but what is the Goofy and Minnie?
    That's what happens from pumping iron too much!!

abramdf is offline A-Ticket holder
    You can fill me in for definitely attending the meet.

And I'm still running the Goofy

Dom

EpcotNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    100% "yes" on the meet - Thanks for the welcome! Can't wait. I'm off to run now - 7 miles scheduled today! Keep up the great work everyone!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Slowly but surely we are filling in those blanks

Good luck with your training Team!

Name............................................. Half/Full/Goofy/Cheering...................................... Interested in Meeting?

Lori (lorilovestigger) ............................... Half .................................................. ............ ??
    Jeremy Johnson (DisneyGuy87) .......... Goofy! .................................................. ......... yes
    Tracy (flutter) ......................................... Half .................................................. .......... ofcourse
    Valerie (MickeyBabe) ............................. Cheering/Meet organizer............................ Of course! .
    Steve (Coach) ........................................ Goofy .................................................. ........ Yes
    Laurel (blueroses) .................................. Goofy + 5K ................................................. yes
    Bob Behan (Bob74) ................................ Half .................................................. ........... yes
    Brian Fee (BFee) ..................................... ??? .................................................. ........... yes
    Kate (Gooftroop3) ................................. Goofy .................................................. .......... ??
    abramdf (Dom) ...................................... Goofy............................................. ............... yes
    Virginia (mini-v).......................................cheering. .................................................. .....yes
    Frank (DrC)............................................. half.............................................. ..................yes
    Adam (EpcotNut) ................................... Full Marathon.......................................... .............yes
    Craig (Craig15) ...................................... Half .................................................. .......... Yes
    Kristin (craig15's wife) .......................... Half .................................................. ..... I'll drag her along

If we have missed anyone or gotten something wrong, please let me know and we will update the list.

Anyone with a " ? " please let me know how to fill in that information.

So far we have:
    6 Half marathon runners
    1 Full marathon runners
    5 Goofy Challenge (One and a Half) marathon runners
    1 5K/Goofy Challenge (The Dopey? )

11 WDWRadio/DWT Meet Attendees!

<---- Supporting spectators
    <----- Team DWT/WDW Radio

GO TEAM!!!!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 02-20-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Name............................................. Half/Full/Goofy/Cheering...................................... Interested in Meeting?

Lori (lorilovestigger) ............................... Half ...................You know it-unless I'm in the hospital with Tracy
    Jeremy Johnson (DisneyGuy87) .......... Goofy! .................................................. ......... yes
    Tracy (flutter) ......................................... Half ............ of course, unless I'm in the hospital with Lori
    Valerie (MickeyBabe) ............................. Cheering/Meet organizer............................ Of course! .
    Steve (Coach) ........................................ Goofy .................................................. ........ Yes
    Laurel (blueroses) .................................. Goofy + 5K ................................................. yes
    Bob Behan (Bob74) ................................ Half .................................................. ........... yes
    Brian Fee (BFee) ..................................... ??? .................................................. ........... yes
    Kate (Gooftroop3) ................................. Goofy .................................................. .......... yes
    abramdf (Dom) ...................................... Goofy............................................. ............... yes
    Virginia (mini-v).......................................cheering. .................................................. .....yes
    Frank (DrC)............................................. half.............................................. ..................yes
    Adam (EpcotNut) ................................... Full Marathon.......................................... .............yes
    Craig (Craig15) ...................................... Half .................................................. .......... Yes
    Kristin (craig15's wife) .......................... Half .................................................. ..... I'll drag her along

If we have missed anyone or gotten something wrong, please let me know and we will update the list.

So far we have:
    6 Half marathon runners
    1 Full marathon runners

11 WDWRadio/DWT Meet Attendees!

GO TEAM!!!!
    Last edited by lorilovestigger; 02-28-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    .................You know it-unless I'm in the hospital with Tracy
    It's about time girl! I was beginning to wonder about you!

... and don't worry, if the two of you are in the hospital, we'll link you up with us at the meet by phone!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.ˇ´¸.ˇ*´¨) ¸.ˇ*¨)
    (¸.ˇ´ (¸.ˇ´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Please change my ?? to a Yes I would like to meet up on Saturday.

- Kate

Got it!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am in for the half in 2009! Please add me to the list, and a YES to meeting everyone. First thing on my list though is the Minnie Marathon in May.
    Bonnie (pigletfan)

Lori (lorilovestigger) ............................... Half ...................You know it-unless I'm in the hospital with Tracy
    Tracy (flutter) ......................................... Half ............ of course, unless I'm in the hospital with Lori
    Valerie (MickeyBabe) ............................. Cheering/Meet organizer............................ Of course!
    Steve (Born 2B Grumpy) ........................ Goofy .................................................. ........ Yes
    Lou (Lou Mongello)................................... Cheering/Meet Host ................................. Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Brian Fee (BFee) ..................................... HALF .................................................. ........... yes
    Kate (Gooftroop3) ................................. Goofy .................................................. .......... yes
    Bonnie (pigletfan)............................HALF....... .................................................Y ES

So far we have:
    8 Half marathon runners
    1 Full marathon runners

16 WDWRadio/DWT Meet Attendees!

GO TEAM!!!!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 11-30-2008 at 08:22 PM.

EpcotNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just wondering how everyone's training is going. I'm back on track after a little setback (a pretty nasty cold). But Im back on pace and hitting the road pretty hard. Like everyone else, I'm sure, I'm counting the days - can't wait!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast