Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Expedition Everest Challenge - Who's Going? Who's Running? Want to Meet? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I met some of the runners today at MK. They are psyched and ready for the race...well...they're here and they brought their running shoes. It was so exciting to meet ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I met some of the runners today at MK. They are psyched and ready for the race...well...they're here and they brought their running shoes. It was so exciting to meet Pat, Lori, Deanna and Lou. They had a big night out at Pleasure Island last night, and Lou is heading to the F&W Festival this evening. Everyone else is just going along to keep tabs on him and keep him out of trouble.

I met with the folks who organized the World Wide Weekend and joined them on a history tour of Pleasure Island. It was a fun activity and I discovered plaques around the area that I'd never seen before. Make sure you keep your eyes posted for these humous bits of back story of Pleasure Island.

mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was a volunteer for the race. It was so much fun! I was assigned to corral #3 for the start of the race. Then after my group started I went over to hand out passports. After a little while my sister in law noticed that some of her passports were missing clues #1 & 2! Those pages were blank! EEK! We went over to the person in charge to tell them what we found. Now we had several racers come back with their incomplete passports. I felt bad for them! Anyhow, we all then looked through ALL of the remaining passports to look for any more rejects(and we did find more). Then the 3 of us volunteered to bring some more good passports to the front of the park in case someone needed one up there. When we were done around 8:30 we went into the park to ride Everest and Kali. These rides were a blast in the dark! A whole different experience! And both had only 5 minute wait times! They gave us cool T-shirts that glow in the dark! I did not see Lou, but I did see Lori. Hope everyone had a good time!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I saw a couple of volunteers on the tram going out to the parking lot. I think they looked more exhausted than some of the runners.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow! Wow! and more Wow! This was our first Disney "Event" and it lived up to it's reputation. From first entering the park and racing up to Discover island to running past the lit up expedition everest, it was fantastic.

The obstacle course was a nice twist though my wife decided to join the conga line around the obstacles The scavenger hunt was fun and we were able to complete that stage pretty quick. My wife and I are avid road rally / scavenger hunt people. As for our 5K time.... Let's just say we got to really enjoy the scenery as we strolled on by.

Riding Kali and Everest at night was awesome. Got to ride Everest 3 times with minimal wait and walked on Kali. The after party had a DJ, a place to take a team picture and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Sign me up for next year!!

Tony Duncan

Hey gang! I'm home. I'm going to start a EEC trip report for everyone to post their stories under in the Trip Report forum. So if you want to tell everyone how things went and post some photos you can.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516