Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Expedition Everest Challenge - Who's Going? Who's Running? Want to Meet? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From reading Disney's official press release, it sounds like they have turned this into a game as well as a run. That doesn't appeal to me. With the introduction of ...
    harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    From reading Disney's official press release, it sounds like they have turned this into a game as well as a run. That doesn't appeal to me. With the introduction of "clues" and obstacles, it seems that people could end up not finishing because they couldn't figure out a clue or get past an obstacle.

If I'm going to put myself out there like that and get myself in shape, I don't want to fail because of something not related to running (injury, out of shape, too slow, etc).

So, I probably won't participate
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou & gang - Long time listener and Disney lover. I was inspired to hear about your Disney Marathon experience and it made the possibility of doing it myself more realistic. My wife and I are out of shape parents of 3 (DD-8, DD-10, DS-3Months) and are using this event as our prize to get in shape this spring and summer.

We would love to meet everyone and make this a special weekend for my wife and I. We also feel that no one in our circle of friends understand the Disney magic so to share it with all those that "get it" would be a wonderful experience.

We haven't registered yet but will most likely next week.

Tony & Lori Duncan
    Michigan

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome aboard Tony, Lori and family! Looking forward to meeting you in September Are you bringing the kiddos? Where are you planning on staying? Looks like they had some pretty decent rates associated with the race.

I can't wait to see what we come up with for a meet (or two).

That will also be the weekend for the annual Signature Event put on by the WDW Celebrations Team. No details are out yet. But if it's anything at all like what they put together for Epcot's 25th, it will be a fabulous time! That weekend is also the beginning of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival AND there is likely to be at least one MNSSHP.

Lot's to do - what a great time to be at WDW!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I will be staying at DAK, and also likely attending at least some of the meets for the WDWCelebrations event.

"Oh boy, this is gonna be great!!"
    - Flounder, Animal House
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Name...................................Solo/Team .............. Team Name ......... Resort-Dates __________________________________________________ ______________
    Lou Mongello ...........................Team......WDW Radio Show Marathon Team ........ AKL-???
    Valerie(MickeyBabe).................. Team ....WDW Radio Show Marathon Team 2 ...... AKL-???
    Alisa (GalPal).............................Solo........ ?? .....................Scopa Towers- 9/25 to 10/5
    Glenn (DocTerminus)...................Solo........ ?? .............................. ................. ???-???
    Rae(rae!) & E ...........................Team ..... Team Voice .................................... ???-???
    Eric Hollister(GeoMouse)............. Team ....WDW Radio Show Marathon Team 3 ...... ???-9/25-9/29
    Tony & Lori Duncan(tduncan1538) Team...... Duncan's run to the magic ................. AKL- 09/26 to 09/29
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 02-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's official and you can add us to the list. I have signed up, made reservations as AKL and can't contain myself. Of course I have some work to do so I don't end up in the Orlando hospital

Team: Duncan's run to the magic
    Dates: 09/26 - 09/29
    Resort: AKL

I would love to learn more about the additional activities / meets going on. I have never participated in any of these and I'm envious every time I hear Lou talking about them on the podcast. We have always wanted to go to the Food & Wine festival so wow, totally looking forward to it.

Oh, we're going to leave the kids home for this trip. Our family has been to Disney 5 times since 2000 and everytime with the kids. We're already set to go in March (Easter Break) and are thinking about returning for Christmas. So this will be our first adult only trip where we can be the kids

Tony
    Last edited by tduncan1538; 02-21-2008 at 06:12 PM.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome Tony and Lori!

We are glad you found our little corner of the internet here!

Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    That will also be the weekend for the annual Signature Event put on by the WDW Celebrations Team. No details are out yet. But if it's anything at all like what they put together for Epcot's 25th, it will be a fabulous time! That weekend is also the beginning of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival AND there is likely to be at least one MNSSHP.

Lot's to do - what a great time to be at WDW!!!
    Alisa....The WDW Celebrations event sounds fantastic! Not to mention I have never been to a MNSSHP I can hardly wait! (Now how am I going to afford all of this? )
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Quote Originally Posted by tduncan1538 View Post
    It's official and you can add us to the list. I have signed up, made reservations as DAK and can't contain myself. Of course I have some work to do so I don't end up in the Orlando hospital

Team: Duncan's run to the magic
    Dates: 09/26 - 09/29
    Resort: DAK

I would love to learn more about the additional activities / meets going on. I have never participated in any of these and I'm envious every time I hear Lou talking about them on the podcast. We have always wanted to go to the Food & Wine festival so wow, totally looking forward to it.

Oh, we're going to leave the kids home for this trip. Our family has been to Disney 5 times since 2000 and everytime with the kids. We're already set to go in March (Easter Break) and are thinking about returning for Christmas. So this will be our first adult only trip where we can be the kids

Tony
    I had already put you on the list. I have now updated your info too!

I agree with you about envying Lou's adventures. It will be great to share this one! Ditto on Food & Wine.

We have only gone on a couple of trips without our kids and have really enjoyed them even though we missed the kids terribly. (I texted them a lot )

I look forward to meeting you!

Even though we don't have a meet area on our chart above, we will have to see if we can fit a DWT/WDWRadio meet in somewhere or at least meet up with everyone at one of the scheduled events.

Lou.... we need to talk!
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Do you think that there will be anywhere to meet or eat at AK after the race? I'm dying to try out Yak & Yeti.

I wonder if they will have any special things planned for the after-race party...like they do for P&PP or MNSSHP?

Lou, as a WDW Celebrations sponsor, any hints you can give us about what might be planned for the Signature Event?

We're hoping for a MNSSHP on the 26th - based on past years schedules, the odds are good.

There is soooo much I want to do on this trip. To that end, I've started Pet Sitting again to raise extra funds.

where is the info about the signature event??

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    where is the info about the signature event??
    No real info yet - I figure they are waiting until after "A Wild Decade" to start finalizing details. Here is the link:

WDWCelebrations.com - Upcoming Events

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    I would totally do it, but since it is during the school year, and I have no money to pay for it I can't I am super jealous that people are doing it though Good Luck!!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Fishy RocketBoy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm signed up & have a room.... we'll see if I can survive the 3.1 miles after the 1st nite of Food & Wine the nite before!

- Andy

I have added you to the list Andy!

Name...................................Solo/Team .............. Team Name ......... Resort-Dates
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Lou Mongello ...........................Team......WDW Radio Show Marathon Team ........ AKL-???
    Valerie(MickeyBabe).................. Team ....WDW Radio Show Marathon Team 2 ...... AKL-???
    Alisa (GalPal).............................Solo........ ?? .....................Scopa Towers- 9/25 to 10/5
    Glenn (DocTerminus)...................Solo........ ?? .............................. ................. ???-???
    Rae(rae!) & E ...........................Team ..... Team Voice .................................... ???-???
    Eric Hollister(GeoMouse)............. Team ....WDW Radio Show Marathon Team 3 ...... ???-9/25-9/29
    Tony & Lori Duncan(tduncan1538) Team...... Duncan's run to the magic ................. AKL- 09/26 to 09/29
    Andy(Fishy RocketBoy)............... Solo....... ?? ...................................... All Star Sports-9/26 to 9/28

Those of you who have ??? in your info, please let me know what to fill in for you.

We look forward to meeting all of you in September!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 02-25-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy RocketBoy View Post
    I'm signed up & have a room.... we'll see if I can survive the 3.1 miles after the 1st nite of Food & Wine the nite before!
    You can totally do it Andy...we'll all do it together! I'm in the same boat...sort of. We're hoping for a MNSSHP the night before. Not as much imbibing (although I might sneek in a Dole Runner or two) but it will be a late night.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast