Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss Race for the Taste! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I can't believe I am actually going to be at Disney when this race is taking place! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! I would love to ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Race for the Taste!

I can't believe I am actually going to be at Disney when this race is taking place! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! I would love to hear any and all stories, info, etc., from folks who have participated in any way!! This is too good to be true! A medal!?!? I may wear it all week (okay . . . not on the rides! That would hurt!)
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have not done this race yet but I plan in doing it this year.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

My DH and I signed up and added one day to our trip so we could run! I also made reservations at Boma to celebrate that evening! Can't wait!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Since there is not a race t-shirt with registration, will there be commemorative shirts at the event to purchase?
    Samantha

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    probably signing up for this one too... i'm addicited apparently... and I'll do this with a friend.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    Since there is not a race t-shirt with registration, will there be commemorative shirts at the event to purchase?
    yes, last year they had a really cute T-shirt to buy! I wear mine all the time. They gave us a commemorative big glass that has "Race for the Taste" and the date on it, it is cute! And you will just LOVE the medal!

Thank you so much! I just can't wait!! How was the route? Lots to see? eat?
    Samantha

Is it better to park at Epcot or Wide World of Sports?
    Samantha

Well, it is almost here!! In 2 weeks, I get to do my first-ever race at Disney! I am celebrating 7 years as a survivor at our Race for the Cure here in Chattanooga tomorrow!! Yippee!! Next stop . . . The Happiest Place on Earth!
    Samantha

What an incredible run and experience! Disney does nothing less than wonderful! The route was fun; the crowd was exciting; the food was delicious (especially the strawberry shortcake)! My DH and I were so impressed with how efficiently everything was run! I will never forget it! We got a cool medal and pint glass; we bought t-shirts that are fab!! Hopefully, I will get our pics soon and share them!!
    Samantha