Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss New Year Running Goals in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey runners! With the start of a new year, I'm setting a few running goals, one of which is to train for and finish the Lousville Half Marathon this April ...
    TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

New Year Running Goals

Hey runners! With the start of a new year, I'm setting a few running goals, one of which is to train for and finish the Lousville Half Marathon this April in 2 hours or less. I was just wondering if anyone else has set similar goals, I know that so many of you are running the Disney half and full, and just wanted to get a little thread going to spark up some motivation. I would also like to hear running accomplishments from 2008, whether it was your first 5K or your 10th marathon, or you just stepped off the front porch and jogged down the driveway for the first time, it all counts! Like the man said, "Keep moving forward!"

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have my eye on the DisneyLand Half Marathon. I would love to score the Coast to Coast medal.

Anyone else?

Dave in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by BWDave View Post
    I have my eye on the DisneyLand Half Marathon. I would love to score the Coast to Coast medal.

Anyone else?

Dave in NJ
    Hey Dave, that sounds like an awesome goal! When is the Disneyland Half Marathon?

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century

www.FairTax.org

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    The DisneyLand half is on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, 9/6. From NJ, I'm looking at a $400 plane ticket and probably wouldn't miss to much work since I could fly back on Labor Day. I hear the Coast to Coast medal is real cool.

Dave

bob74 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am planning on doing the full marathon at Disney next year. But prior to that I have signed up for the Rock 'n' Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 and the ING Philadelphia 1/2 Marathon.

I have been looking for some distance this spring/summer in the area but have not found anything yet.

I did the half in 2:43 and would like to get that below 2:30. I have learned from a number of mistakes that I made and hope to stay motivated throughout the year (that is the hardest part).

I'm kind of looking for a spring race as well, I was eyeing the Louisville half marathon, but I'm rehabbing a knee and won't be able to get started training in time to run, so I'm looking for one a little later in the season. I'm also considering the half at Disney if I can work out the details of the trip. Good luck running!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century

www.FairTax.org