Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney's Wide World of Sports / runDisney Disney Marathon Events Discuss 2010 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Thanks to the inspiration of everyone that ran last January, I am planning on doing the full marathon in 2010...This is such a great thread, because i know that i ...
    Nokaoi5 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: 2010 WDW Marathon - Who's Going? Want to Meet?

Thanks to the inspiration of everyone that ran last January, I am planning on doing the full marathon in 2010...This is such a great thread, because i know that i will need all the support i can get!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Welcome Wendy and Chas

Let us know if you're planning on running/cheering/attending the Walt Disney World Half/Full Marathon in 2010!

Name..................................... Half/Full/Pit Crew....... Interested in Meeting?

MickeyBabe .......................... Pit Crew/Meet Organizer ........................... Yes
    Born 2B Grumpy................................ Goofy ......................................... Yes
    Little Mermaid................................... Half ........................................... ???
    Ranger Thom..................................... Half ........................................... ???
    Mini-V............................................. Pit Crew ...................................... ???
    bob74............................................. .. Full ........................................... Yes
    Heather Richards (ME-MM1928)......... Half .......................................... Yes
    Ryan Bickford..................................... Half ........................................... Yes
    kiminicricket..................................... . Half ........................................... Yes
    kiminicricket's Niece............................ Half ........................................... Yes
    kiminicricket's Sister............................ Half ........................................... Yes
    Stitch............................................ .. Pit Crew ...................................... Yes
    joanna71985....................................... Half ........................................... ???
    Lou Mongello .................................... I'll be there ...........................Yeah baby!
    Wendy (WenD2ndStar) ......................... Half ........................................... Yes
    Chas (Nokaoi5) ............................................. Full ........................................... ???

Registration is open at: Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend | Endurance | Amateur Sports | Disney's Wide World of Sports

Goofy's race and a Half is at 75% (Re-Opened for Registration capacity raised to 7500)
    The Half Marathon is Now Full - Registration Closed.

If you want to race keep checking the site so you aren't left out!

If I have missed anyone or gotten something wrong, please let me know and I will update the list.
    Anyone with a " ? " please let me know how to fill in that information.

Team WDWRadio includes:

9 Half Marathion
    2 Full Marathon
    1 Goofy's Challenge
    3 Pit Crew Members
    1 ??? I'll be there

Good luck to all of Team WDWRadio 2010!!!!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-03-2009 at 12:39 AM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MrIncredible is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On a grand and miraculous spaceship, sailing through the universe of time...

Matt from Indy here, first post, here goes.

Ran the full marathon in 2009. Vowed i would never do something as dumb as the Goofy as my quads were screaming at mile 24. Now i'm signed up for the Goofy in 2010. Is that stupid? don't answer, Born 2B Grumpy, as your judgement on this issue is clearly clouded.

Looking forward to following this thread as the date gets closer. I agree the support and discussions about training will be helpful. Good luck to all and see you in Janurary!

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi Matt,
    Glad you're signed up for the Goofy!
    Misery loves company!
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

is anybody training for anything at this point? I'm signed up for the Columbus Marathon (ohio) in october and am planning to maintain some level of fitness from that to help prep for the goofy. I have a hard time with this weather, tropical humidity in the morning, and 90 degree heat index in the afternoon. almost bad enough to get me on a treadmill...but not quite.

Matt in Indy

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
    is anybody training for anything at this point? I'm signed up for the Columbus Marathon (ohio) in october and am planning to maintain some level of fitness from that to help prep for the goofy. I have a hard time with this weather, tropical humidity in the morning, and 90 degree heat index in the afternoon. almost bad enough to get me on a treadmill...but not quite.
    Er...not really. I need to train more, but right now it's pretty much just working on a treadmill. I may sign up for one of the other races at Disney before the Half (I'm looking at either the Race for the Taste 10k or the ToT 13k as well as the EE Challenge).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

I have been running almost every day but it seems that I've reached a plateau. I've only been running for two years and part of the fun has been seeing my improvement from when I began. Now I'm not noticing much change in my times. Any suggestions?

Joanna - I don't know how you run on a treadmill, i don't seem to have the mental focus to stay on one for more than 5 minutes, good for you. Would love to run the TOT 13, but I can never seem to get vacation in october. BTW, is the entire state of new jersey moving to florida now that Lou has made the jump?

Matt in Indy

B2BGrumpy
    Have I got an idea for you! I hit a slump in my running about 4 years ago. I lost focus, got tired of the same routes, and wasn't training for anything. My lovely wife has always liked me better when i've been running (improves my attitude somehow), so she got me a Polar heart rate monitor. It allowed me to really start analyzing my training on a higher level, not just looking at times, but watching my heart rate improve as well. It changed my focus from times to overall fitness. I recently switched to the Garmin 405 and it has given me even more data to crunch! If you are at all a numbers geek, you'll love one of these. If you're not sure, start cheap and see if you'll like it. Also, start switching your routes around or do some different routines like hills or track work. And sign up for a race in the near future to give yourself a goal to work toward, even if it's just a 5K

If nothing else, get a subscription to Runners World, once a month i get a pick-me-up from reading the articles and i get inspired to keep going.

Sorry that was so long, but i feel for what you're saying as i struggle with motivation often.

Matt in Indy

grumpy,

Here are a couple links to check out about HR monitors and running computers.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...2350-0,00.html

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...X7X8-9,00.html

Matt in Indy

Thanks for the tips MrIncredible! I suppose that I have gotten compfortable with my routine and need to change things up a bit. I'm pretty much a dinosaur with sneekers but I'm willing to try some new technology.

kiminicricket is offline A-Ticket holder

I was never a runner so I have been training in earnest. I am actually running my very first road race in 2 days and it's only a 5k but thats a big step for me. I'm just hoping to finish to be honest. I signed up for the half and I will NOT be swept!

Good luck with your first race kiminicricket!! Hope to see you in January. The half marathon is a great event. Finshing the half in 2008(my first race) is one the most mem orable days of my life.

kiminicricket is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Born 2B Grumpy View Post
    Good luck with your first race kiminicricket!! Hope to see you in January. The half marathon is a great event. Finshing the half in 2008(my first race) is one the most mem orable days of my life.

Thanks for the well wishes Grumpy! I'm looking forward to the half and I'm sure it will be very memorable

DocBarrett is offline A-Ticket holder

Running with technology is a double edge sword. Sometimes you smiply need to unplug and take in your surroundings. Instead of constantly staring at my wrist, I have discovered swimming and spending time on my ten-speed have signigicantly improved my core and will hopefully yield a PR at the Disney 5K this January.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast